Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 123 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Or maybe an S-CD would work into this sweet spot im looking for
Was your replacement also S line? My STD is more stable than my C line TD.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2017, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 530 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanNoodleArm View Post
Was your replacement also S line? My STD is more stable than my C line TD.
yeah it was. Both S line, but one was a little flatter and the flatter one was flippier.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 187
Niced 1,473 Times in 861 Posts

Damm. My experience in with the new production runs, they had pop top dome and flew like seasoned s-valks.

The good old flat (close to the first runs) were just dead straight. Would fight wind. It was like a saint that could fight wind. Great discs really. Seasoned into long controllable bombers.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:00 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 24 Times in 22 Posts

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to ask a question. I throw FDs and I'm currently trying to decide between a Sidewinder or a TD for the longer neutral to slightly US slot in my bag. I'm finding that my Star Sidewinder is only getting me an extra 25' of distance over the FD. I have a D-line TD that flies longer than the Sidewinder, but I got it in that plastic to see if I should invest in the mold, which I did with a C-line. The C-line is mostly flat and kind of flies like a CD2 in it's current 9/10 condition. I'm definitely going to keep doing field work with both the Sidewinder and TD, but I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with both and can shed light on how these may beat in. I'm pretty sure we're going to see a new run of STDs, so I'll probably contract one of those when they're released too.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-28-2019, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 681 Times in 277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to ask a question. I throw FDs and I'm currently trying to decide between a Sidewinder or a TD for the longer neutral to slightly US slot in my bag. I'm finding that my Star Sidewinder is only getting me an extra 25' of distance over the FD. I have a D-line TD that flies longer than the Sidewinder, but I got it in that plastic to see if I should invest in the mold, which I did with a C-line. The C-line is mostly flat and kind of flies like a CD2 in it's current 9/10 condition. I'm definitely going to keep doing field work with both the Sidewinder and TD, but I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with both and can shed light on how these may beat in. I'm pretty sure we're going to see a new run of STDs, so I'll probably contract one of those when they're released too.
TD is almost exactly a Roadrunner

Old 03-28-2019, 12:11 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,914 Times in 1,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
TD is almost exactly a Roadrunner
The TD does not have the Roadrunner's glide. And it's not a total surprise about the relative FD/Sidewinder distances: my Sphinx doesn't get me all that much more distance than my Leopard3s, but even a small difference can make a big difference on the next shot.

I've tried the S-Line TD and both the Star and Champ Sidewinders (and Star Roadrunner) and in all situations I recommend the I-blend Sphinx (allegedly a Valk top and RR bottom). I definitely get more out of a Sphinx than I do the TD.

Niced: (2)