Old 03-25-2019, 08:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default P-line P2 be KC Pro?

Ok so I may be an idiot or just realized something.. help me out here!! I love me my D-Line P2s AND KC-Pro Aviars. I like the glide and the non-bead on the P2 but I love the KC-Pro plastic.
Is the P-Line P2 made of KC-Pro plastic? Is it similar? Do they make a KC-Line/K-line? Isn’t the P-line P2 shallower than the D-Line?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Normal runs of P-line are very similar to runs of KC pro. Pretty similar/identical. Some early run Pro Line P2's were actually marked K-P2.

There isn't much difference in rim depth between the two plastics. When new the P-line can feel a little deeper. I think this is because the flight plate of the P line isn't as pliable as the D-line, but once broken they feel similar depths.

Also they recently released "soft" p-line p2's. They are all marked soft. Definitely not the same as KC or P-line. Just an FYI to make sure you're getting normal p line if you're looking for Kc pro.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 207 Times in 113 Posts

Before the Stiff/Soft schism, P-Line was basically just Pro plastic, allowing the typical room for run variations. After that, I’m not certain, but my money is on Stiff = Contemporary KC.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 160 Times in 87 Posts

s line = Star
c line = Champion
g line = G-star
d line = DX
x line = XT
p-line = pro

yes p line (specifically stiff p line) p2 are like mc pro avairs and stiffer than d line/dx.

there are various years/runs of p lines that are stiffer than others just like kc pro aviars stiffness/slickness can vary (hell at one time three years ago p line p2 were marked K-P2 and were made of that rock hard slick kc pro aviar plastic of the same rock hard kc aviar runs).

discmania even had soft p line which is equivalent to r pro.