Old 10-11-2018, 04:30 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink OverPARamedic’s Bag

I’m OverPARamedic, long time lurker of this forum that has been slowly creeping out of the shadows. I would love some feedback/suggestions on my bag!

•Vitals: I play mostly on the heavily wooded courses in Charlotte, NC.
•Years playing: 7 years with a 1.5 year hiatus from 2015-2016
•Throwing Style: RHBH, Mediocre RHFH
•Golf Distance (avg/max*)
Putter: Pure 250/300’
Mid: Compass 280/320’
Fairway: Explorer 300/340’
Distance Driver: Defender 330-380

•Sex: M
•Injuries/handicaps?: 1. not being good at disc golf. 2. I have pretty small hands so certain discs in my bag may be used only for forehand or only for backhand
•What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Definitely some overlap. Several months ago I took some of the more US discs out of my bag to try to force myself to learn forehand. I also change things around a lot. Also, I loose discs pretty frequently.
•Specific areas of desired feedback: I’d love to be more confident in my shot/disc selection when I’m on the tee. Also, I need to improve my forehand, which I think would make choosing the right disc and shot shape more consistent.

Bag:

DISTANCE DRIVERS (I included “control” drivers)

•170 Fuzion Enforcer (mildly seasoned) - Super OS distance driver for headwinds. Just put this in my bag for Winthrop

•172 Bio Defender (newer, just getting beat to straight) - OS distance driver

•170 Bio Defender (pretty beat) - US(ish) distance driver. My most used distance driver. Flips to flat, moves right, fades back left reliably. Not reliable in strong headwind

•172 Swirly S-PD (well seasoned) - Reliable control driver when I don’t quite need max distance. I mostly throw this backhand in the 320-340 range, or in headwind

•175 Fuzion Felon (New) - Very OS mostly used for utility shots or anything I was to finish hard and skip far

•171 Lucid Felon (beat in nicely) - Straight with a healthy fade. I used this almost exclusively for forehand, though I occasionally use it for BH. The rim is more comfortable for me with a FH grip than the PD.

FAIRWAY DRIVERS

•173 Opto-X Explorer (new to the bag) - I really like this for very straight forehand shots that I want a lot of control on with significantly less fade than a Felon

•174 Opto Explorer (new, just added to bag) - Very straight reliable fairway. This replaced a moonshine explorer than started to overlap with my SE explorer. I mainly throw this when I need a stronger finish than my SE explorer

•173 SE Explorer (perfectly seasoned) - Easily my straightest and most thrown disc in my bag. It flips to flat, goes straight without turning over, and finishes softly. I use it for hyzer, flat, and anhyzer shots

•173 FR Lucid Maverick (mildly worn) - US fairway. Straight to late fade/anhyzer shots anywhere from 240-360

Mids:

•174 Lucid Verdict (newer) - OS mid BH and FH

•175 Opto MF Compass (lightly used) - Most workable mid. More fade than other compasses I’ve thrown

•172 Gl Compass (beat) - slightly US, great for anhyzers

•173 Bio Justice (doesn’t matter it’s a justice) - Used only for stupid OS utility shots. Great for approaches that I need to skip

Putters:
•174 Prime Judge x2 - putting putter, I never throw these

•175 GL Pure (lightly beat in) - main throwing putter off the tee, as well as straight or anhyzer upshots. Very glidey.

•175 VIP Harp (Light wear) - OS upshot disc mostly FH but also backhand. Also thrown from tee

•175 BT Hard Harp (beat) - Straighter than the VIP, but still has a good amount of fade. My goto when I need minimal ground action and in the rain. BH and FH. Also thrown from the tee
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 262 Times in 126 Posts

I was waiting for a BP/ PEARL assessment and a SAMPLE when you started out with “vitals” haha

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 AM

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 27 Times in 7 Posts

If you are playing in North Carolina wooded area, I would throw some wet wipes to cleanse areas that may come in contact with poison ivy.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 122 Times in 82 Posts

Looks good to me. You already have a cycle going on some of the discs which is great. you could probably remove the Justice since it is bookended by the Harps and Felons. Maybe look into Emac Truths for cycling mids, but if the Compasses are working for you keep with it.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
Looks good to me. You already have a cycle going on some of the discs which is great. you could probably remove the Justice since it is bookended by the Harps and Felons. Maybe look into Emac Truths for cycling mids, but if the Compasses are working for you keep with it.
Haha switching between eMacs and the Compass is a constant battle for me. Sometimes if I’ve been havingabad week with the Compass I’ll throw an eMac in the bag to spice things up a little
Old 10-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
I was waiting for a BP/ PEARL assessment and a SAMPLE when you started out with “vitals” haha
“Scene safe, BSI, determines number of bags, determines need for additional molds, forms general impression, assesses LOC, airway, breathing, circulation...”

Old 10-12-2018, 01:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 13
Niced 76 Times in 61 Posts

Bag looks good. You describe your game well and each disc well. So why do you say you aren't confident in shot selection? Maybe you need to take more time before your shot. Visualize the line you want to throw and grab the disc that fits the line.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:57 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
Bag looks good. You describe your game well and each disc well. So why do you say you aren't confident in shot selection? Maybe you need to take more time before your shot. Visualize the line you want to throw and grab the disc that fits the line.
That sounds like very sound advice. Your question made me ask MYSELF why I don’t feel confident. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I realized that I’m terrible at visualizing the line I want. Instead, a lot of the time (especially if it’s a course I’m pretty familiar with) I just think to myself “throw it to the basket”, or “get around that corner and to your preferred landing zone.” I’m going to try to focus more on the line instead of just focusing on the objective.