Old 02-08-2020, 02:56 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default Thoughts from Lat64 Fuse throwers?

I am currently bagging a Mako3,Compass,Caiman max weight in the midrange slots and want to know how the fuse feels compared to the Compass and if it can knock my Mako3 out the bag for anny and dead straight touch shots.

Im working on cycling compasses but have not got a beat one in a plastic i like yet.

So fuse throwers let me here your thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts

Yes, the Fuse can easily knock out the Mako3. The Mako3 will feel like a lead plate after you throw a Fuse. The Fuse shouldn't feel all that different than a Compass either. Heavy Opto Fuses are very Comet-esque, just a tick faster and maybe slightly more understable. If you're clean you can throw them on lots of lines. Hyzer flip to laser straight, turnovers, anhyzers, etc. It's a staple for woods golf in my bag. The Opto-X Fuse they made for JohnE McCray is maybe the easiest mid to throw straight that exists. The Opto-X makes it just a bit more turn resistant so that you can really trust it. GL Fuses are good too but can be prone to flip more. It's a really good mid and lots of the Trilogy pros end up bagging it (McRay, Clemons, Castro before he left).

Niced: (1)
Old 02-08-2020, 08:20 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Nice, i find the mako3 does not hyzer flip well for me so im hoping the Fuse can fill this slot. I will start keeping a lookout for a GL one! Thanks
Old 02-08-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinlucky View Post
Nice, i find the mako3 does not hyzer flip well for me so im hoping the Fuse can fill this slot. I will start keeping a lookout for a GL one! Thanks
The Star Mako3 I've thrown was very speed stable. Under powered it was not flippy and didn't glide well. Over powered it would decidedly flip over. The sweet spot was hard to figure out. The Fuse is a lot more responsive. This is a sample size of one Mako3 though. I used to really like the original Makos though, the domey ones. They were usefully understable and had good glide.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 303 Times in 105 Posts

I recently converted from the Comet to the Fuse and love it. It seems that Opto and Opto-X are the easiest to find unfortunately as I had to look through several online retailers to find some to order. I usually only order from Disc Golf Store and Infinite. Marshall Street had a few as did DD's store. Not a lot of choice in color or weight though. I hope they start producing these again in Gold Line.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:35 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default Very good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
I recently converted from the Comet to the Fuse and love it. It seems that Opto and Opto-X are the easiest to find unfortunately as I had to look through several online retailers to find some to order. I usually only order from Disc Golf Store and Infinite. Marshall Street had a few as did DD's store. Not a lot of choice in color or weight though. I hope they start producing these again in Gold Line.
That brings me to another quesion do you guys think the fuse is in danger of going OOP? I have noticed that selection for this mold is very limited at most online retailers and i have been unable to find them at my local PIAS or even the tournament i recently played. LAT64 mid line up seems a bit crowded with lots of overlap atm!
Old 02-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 16
Niced 198 Times in 107 Posts

The Fuse is still one of the better sellers out of the Lat. 64 lineup, actually. I don't think that it's going anywhere anytime soon.

I suppose if it did, I'm pretty much stocked up for life. But yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. They just chopped a few molds, and the Fuse was not one of them.

Old 02-10-2020, 10:56 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw Tomas Ekstrom say somewhere that the Fuse is his favorite disc he ever designed. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Niced: (2)