Old 07-10-2019, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,284 Times in 750 Posts

I never got an answer from Pound about my Custom Carlton, so i cant order it

So if i cant get my Custom im thinking about saving $100 and take a Stock, just waiting to see that rain-fly
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,172 Times in 577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I never got an answer from Pound about my Custom Carlton, so i cant order it

So if i cant get my Custom im thinking about saving $100 and take a Stock, just waiting to see that rain-fly
What exactly was your question? Levi is good about answering questions and real good about responding to emails.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
What exactly was your question? Levi is good about answering questions and real good about responding to emails.
If he could build the bag in post #25 on page 3 . .basicly black zippers on the orange top and orange zippers on the black haul pockets.

You can only pick ONE color zippers in the builder. . my way looks better and fits the orange/black theme better, even the inserts are orange with a black stripe.
I really like this combo, but without the two colors of zippers it will not look good
Old 07-18-2019, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 98 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
If he could build the bag in post #25 on page 3 . .basicly black zippers on the orange top and orange zippers on the black haul pockets.

You can only pick ONE color zippers in the builder. . my way looks better and fits the orange/black theme better, even the inserts are orange with a black stripe.
I really like this combo, but without the two colors of zippers it will not look good
Have you tried joining the pound disc golf group on Facebook? Hes a regular on there, might be able to send a message through messenger
Old 07-19-2019, 06:05 AM
* Ace Member *

I have bought two bags from them before with no problem. . i simply think my question was one those they dont answer ( the Custom program have a lot of "do not ask" clauses )
Old 08-13-2019, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,067 Times in 533 Posts

Has anyone picked one of these up recently? Or has had one for a while now and can add more experience with the bag? I have an octothorpe but I'm still kind of enamored with being able to have a slightly smaller loadout, while retaining the high quality and features I like from Pound bags.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,172 Times in 577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Has anyone picked one of these up recently? Or has had one for a while now and can add more experience with the bag? I have an octothorpe but I'm still kind of enamored with being able to have a slightly smaller loadout, while retaining the high quality and features I like from Pound bags.
I've been borrowing one from Levi while my Octo gets a couple repairs. I like it very much. A touch lighter, a touch smaller, really well suited to 10-16 discs, but I had my full 20 in it last night no problem.

That said, I look forward to getting my Octo back. I never really want fewer than 15 discs (except for a putter course, where I will just take 3 putters), and my Octo does just fine with 15 (even fewer on the occasions I put a small soft cooler in the main compartment). WHile I do really like the way the Carlton carries, it;d really have to be a second bag for me. I'm not going to get through winter weather with the limited storage the Carlton offers.

TLDR: Carlton is great bag. But more a great summer bag that would be compliment to an Octo, but it couldn't replace my Octo.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-13-2019, 12:49 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 98 Times in 47 Posts

fwiw, I'll let you know my thoughts when I receive mine. Order placed 7 weeks ago and could ship any day now.

I am in the situation ODRB described above. I carry 14 discs at the most.

In the AZ summer I need to camel up and love how much water it can carry. In winter, I'll store discs in the haul pockets and have lots of room for layers in the main compartment. Hope it ends up working for my purpose, as it looks great on paper.

I can see how carrying more discs would definitely push me towards the Octothorpe.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,067 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
TLDR: Carlton is great bag. But more a great summer bag that would be compliment to an Octo, but it couldn't replace my Octo.
I'm in a spot where I seem to carry always couple extra discs I probably don't need to have, and have all this extra storage in the Octo that I don't use (only thing in the haul pockets is a chalk bag, or I'll stuff my towel in there sometimes) In the winter I tend to condense and use an even smaller lineup, and don't have much need for the additional storage of the Octo. Not really shedding a lot of layers in Wisconsin winter golf, for sure. I feel like the loadout size of the UPD Shift with spots for extra storage and water bladder are most important to me. I use the Shift more often in the winter because it's better balanced for a single large insulated water bottle.

The Octothorpe does everything I want it to, don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the thoughtful engineering and storage of that bag. Sometimes, I just want to carry 16-18 discs and not have my bag fall over I think the Carlton could have all of those things, with the ability to throw some backup discs in for practice or where losing one is a real possibility.

If I don't make a move, I'll continue to be happy with the Octothorpe. If I do, I'll likely go all in on the Carlton and sell my Octo.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 68
Niced 130 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
I have bought two bags from them before with no problem. . i simply think my question was one those they dont answer ( the Custom program have a lot of "do not ask" clauses )
This doesn't resonate with my interactions with Pound / Levi. At all.