Old 11-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Who knows, maybe Paul made a killing in the market last year and bought Discraft….
I hear he took a short position on Bitcoin. Is now going to buy prodigy and take over Chinese market.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2018, 05:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 475 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
See, with all the craziness surrounding the announcement, this seems plausible. I wonder though, if he was going this route, why wouldn't he have Innova make the hypothetical discs? Obviously there isn't any bad blood there.
This goes in line with my prediction, that technically he did "leave" the Innova player team, but ends up working with them in some capacity.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 67
Niced 517 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzflip10 View Post
I think any involvement of him becoming a partner or business owner would take away from actually focusing on and playing disc golf. And he still has lot of golf to play.
Just like when got married, it ruined his game just like all the experts predicted.

No wait, that's not what happened.

Now don't tell me being an owner or partner in a business will take up more time than being married. Besides, his wife is going to run everything.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Just like when got married, it ruined his game just like all the experts predicted.

No wait, that's not what happened.

Now don't tell me being an owner or partner in a business will take up more time than being married. Besides, his wife is going to run everything.
Lol, ok then, sound like it's all figured out. Do Paul and Hanna know any of this? When are you planning on springing it in them?

I missed that discussion about marriage, I'm new here as you can see. I can see that only helping, especially when his spouse is as into it as he is.

But yes, depending on the level of involvement, starting up and running a business is a huge investment of time and energy. I don't know Paul from Adam, but my guess is he won't do anything that takes away from his practicing and competing.

More likely he gets a better sponsorship deal.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 67
Niced 517 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzflip10 View Post
Lol, ok then, sound like it's all figured out. Do Paul and Hanna know any of this? When are you planning on springing it in them?

I missed that discussion about marriage, I'm new here as you can see. I can see that only helping, especially when his spouse is as into it as he is.

But yes, depending on the level of involvement, starting up and running a business is a huge investment of time and energy. I don't know Paul from Adam, but my guess is he won't do anything that takes away from his practicing and competing.

More likely he gets a better sponsorship deal.
You're not married, are you?

Old 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Let's bring it back on topic bud. Not interested in arguing with you or discussing my personal life.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Courses Played: 5
Niced 20 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
I'm confused. There really does seem to be this anti married thing here.

I've been lurking for a moment, and I gotta tell you, there's plenty of people in the industry that have marriages and success at so many different levels.
I'll tell you that my marriage has been majorly enhanced by DG, and my partner is just that, a partner that helps me in my endeavors as do I to hers.
We're even going to have matching his hers UPD bags in the spring. Heather grey...awww...

Back on topic, I think anything Paul and Hanna do in this sport is lock step and on point. I don't think and haven't seen anything wrong with it.

Back on original topic....another three months at least to see what happens...it's gonna be a long winter..

Old 11-04-2018, 05:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 42
Niced 77 Times in 55 Posts

Not anti marriage, just been married long enough to know that it ain't always rainbows and roses. It is a serious commitment and sometimes it can be difficult enough to affect work. Add children into the mix and your decision matrix gets totally changed. I remember seeing an old interview with Climo from around 2002. He talked about being divorced and having to find time to be with his son with his travel schedule.

My wife and I both are children of divorce. I'm sure many people that are anti marriage on this board might be the same given the current divorce rates in the western world. Marriage is a commitment and some things people have suffered through in their lives don't immediately come to light until enough time has passed. Being vulnerable with your spouse is key in marriage, but not necessarily easy.

I'm glad to hear the McBeth family is on the same page with their life goals. I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est

Old 11-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 840 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.
Niced.

Speaking of little ones, I suspect Nate Sexton will retire from touring soon. If his wife is still in medical school, she won't be able to travel during her residency. He might become like a Brinster and keep more to the local scene. You do what you gotta do to make it work.

Niced: (2)

Old 11-04-2018, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 315 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
Not anti marriage, just been married long enough to know that it ain't always rainbows and roses. It is a serious commitment and sometimes it can be difficult enough to affect work. Add children into the mix and your decision matrix gets totally changed. I remember seeing an old interview with Climo from around 2002. He talked about being divorced and having to find time to be with his son with his travel schedule.

My wife and I both are children of divorce. I'm sure many people that are anti marriage on this board might be the same given the current divorce rates in the western world. Marriage is a commitment and some things people have suffered through in their lives don't immediately come to light until enough time has passed. Being vulnerable with your spouse is key in marriage, but not necessarily easy.

I'm glad to hear the McBeth family is on the same page with their life goals. I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est
Well said.
Thank You for the reminder:
Where charity and love are, God is there.