#81  
Old 11-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Hyzflip10 Hyzflip10 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 64
Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Who knows, maybe Paul made a killing in the market last year and bought Discraft….
I hear he took a short position on Bitcoin. Is now going to buy prodigy and take over Chinese market.
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-04-2018, 05:47 AM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tx
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,484
Niced 475 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
See, with all the craziness surrounding the announcement, this seems plausible. I wonder though, if he was going this route, why wouldn't he have Innova make the hypothetical discs? Obviously there isn't any bad blood there.
This goes in line with my prediction, that technically he did "leave" the Innova player team, but ends up working with them in some capacity.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-04-2018, 06:54 AM
joecoin's Avatar
joecoin joecoin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Central Ohio
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,113
Niced 517 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzflip10 View Post
...
I think any involvement of him becoming a partner or business owner would take away from actually focusing on and playing disc golf. And he still has lot of golf to play.
Just like when got married, it ruined his game just like all the experts predicted.

No wait, that's not what happened.

Now don't tell me being an owner or partner in a business will take up more time than being married. Besides, his wife is going to run everything.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Hyzflip10 Hyzflip10 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 64
Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Just like when got married, it ruined his game just like all the experts predicted.

No wait, that's not what happened.

Now don't tell me being an owner or partner in a business will take up more time than being married. Besides, his wife is going to run everything.
Lol, ok then, sound like it's all figured out. Do Paul and Hanna know any of this? When are you planning on springing it in them?

I missed that discussion about marriage, I'm new here as you can see. I can see that only helping, especially when his spouse is as into it as he is.

But yes, depending on the level of involvement, starting up and running a business is a huge investment of time and energy. I don't know Paul from Adam, but my guess is he won't do anything that takes away from his practicing and competing.

More likely he gets a better sponsorship deal.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-04-2018, 02:16 PM
joecoin's Avatar
joecoin joecoin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Central Ohio
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,113
Niced 517 Times in 258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzflip10 View Post
Lol, ok then, sound like it's all figured out. Do Paul and Hanna know any of this? When are you planning on springing it in them?

I missed that discussion about marriage, I'm new here as you can see. I can see that only helping, especially when his spouse is as into it as he is.

But yes, depending on the level of involvement, starting up and running a business is a huge investment of time and energy. I don't know Paul from Adam, but my guess is he won't do anything that takes away from his practicing and competing.

More likely he gets a better sponsorship deal.
You're not married, are you?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Hyzflip10 Hyzflip10 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 64
Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
You're not married, are you?
Let's bring it back on topic bud. Not interested in arguing with you or discussing my personal life.

Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Leonidas187 Leonidas187 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: River Falls Wisco
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 44
Niced 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
You're not married, are you?
I'm confused. There really does seem to be this anti married thing here.

I've been lurking for a moment, and I gotta tell you, there's plenty of people in the industry that have marriages and success at so many different levels.
I'll tell you that my marriage has been majorly enhanced by DG, and my partner is just that, a partner that helps me in my endeavors as do I to hers.
We're even going to have matching his hers UPD bags in the spring. Heather grey...awww...

Back on topic, I think anything Paul and Hanna do in this sport is lock step and on point. I don't think and haven't seen anything wrong with it.

Back on original topic....another three months at least to see what happens...it's gonna be a long winter..

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-04-2018, 05:05 PM
keltik's Avatar
keltik keltik is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Horneytown NC
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,355
Niced 77 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Not anti marriage, just been married long enough to know that it ain't always rainbows and roses. It is a serious commitment and sometimes it can be difficult enough to affect work. Add children into the mix and your decision matrix gets totally changed. I remember seeing an old interview with Climo from around 2002. He talked about being divorced and having to find time to be with his son with his travel schedule.

My wife and I both are children of divorce. I'm sure many people that are anti marriage on this board might be the same given the current divorce rates in the western world. Marriage is a commitment and some things people have suffered through in their lives don't immediately come to light until enough time has passed. Being vulnerable with your spouse is key in marriage, but not necessarily easy.

I'm glad to hear the McBeth family is on the same page with their life goals. I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is online now
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,696
Niced 840 Times in 447 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.
Niced.

Speaking of little ones, I suspect Nate Sexton will retire from touring soon. If his wife is still in medical school, she won't be able to travel during her residency. He might become like a Brinster and keep more to the local scene. You do what you gotta do to make it work.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 11-04-2018, 05:44 PM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,337
Niced 315 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
Not anti marriage, just been married long enough to know that it ain't always rainbows and roses. It is a serious commitment and sometimes it can be difficult enough to affect work. Add children into the mix and your decision matrix gets totally changed. I remember seeing an old interview with Climo from around 2002. He talked about being divorced and having to find time to be with his son with his travel schedule.

My wife and I both are children of divorce. I'm sure many people that are anti marriage on this board might be the same given the current divorce rates in the western world. Marriage is a commitment and some things people have suffered through in their lives don't immediately come to light until enough time has passed. Being vulnerable with your spouse is key in marriage, but not necessarily easy.

I'm glad to hear the McBeth family is on the same page with their life goals. I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est
Well said.
Thank You for the reminder:
Where charity and love are, God is there.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Innova GStar Krait Paul McBeth Signature BirdieMachine Discs 105 08-25-2014 07:13 AM
SmashBoxxTV Presents Battle at Blue Lake - Paul McBeth, Paul Ulibarri, Steve Rico, Ke Old Bassman Tournaments & Leagues 7 08-11-2014 06:33 PM
Paul McBeth S-P2! DiscNutt123 The Marketplace 0 05-24-2013 10:45 AM
Paul McBeth S P2's Rocaholic74 The Marketplace 1 04-19-2013 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.