Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 374 Times in 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooredisc View Post
Innova has several midrange disc.Shark,Stingray,Cobra,Coyote,Roc and others.Is there really that much difference between them and whats your favorite?
Shark and Shark 3, the Shark to me is a bit slow for more then just a short midrange though I do use it in place of a Driving putter. The Shark 3 is a tad faster then the Shark and flies like a low dome ROC. I like these discs as the ROC feels off in hand. Wasp does not feel off in the hand but I like the X Wasp best and that is oop in that plastic. They make an ESP but I have never used an ESP Wasp so I don't know how it flies. Z was only Wasp made at one point.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-30-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:32 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 405 Times in 205 Posts

Don't listen to anyone above. The best Innova midranges are the Cro and Lycan - both discontinued, ha ha.

Seriously, I do like them, because they are comfortable straight shooters. They are actually pretty close to the same thing, with the Cro having a slightly smaller diameter. They can still be purchased at the Innova Factory Store. Star plastic for both.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 199 Times in 120 Posts

the Cro is a great utility disc, and you can use it for putting as well. hard to believe it's discontinued as there are a zillion of them in bins around here.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:57 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,085 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
Don't listen to anyone above. The best Innova midranges are the Cro and Lycan - both discontinued, ha ha.

Seriously, I do like them, because they are comfortable straight shooters. They are actually pretty close to the same thing, with the Cro having a slightly smaller diameter. They can still be purchased at the Innova Factory Store. Star plastic for both.
Not exactly alike, but I always thought the Mako3 was comparable to the Lycan (and the reason the Lycan went OOP).

Old 05-31-2018, 03:24 PM

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 27 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zontar View Post
the Cro is a great utility disc, and you can use it for putting as well. hard to believe it's discontinued as there are a zillion of them in bins around here.
And several around my house as well. Great touch shot disc and the first one I reach for if a flick upshot is required. I've probably drawn more metal with it on approaches than any other disc.

Last edited by riverdawg; 05-31-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:27 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,085 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdawg View Post
And several around my house as well. Great touch shot disc and the first one I reach for if a flick upshot is required.
A guy in my playing group that is forehand-dominant uses the Cro a lot, and very well. It's a good forehand disc, and if I forehanded more, I'd likely bag a Cro.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:14 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 405 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Not exactly alike, but I always thought the Mako3 was comparable to the Lycan (and the reason the Lycan went OOP).

Yeah, you are probably right. All those Kool-Aid drinkers mindlessly following Paul and whatever is in his bag.

When he starts throwing those Groove stamped Destroyers, everyone will be like, "wowee, Grooves are the greatest!"

Niced: (2)
Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 PM

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 27 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
A guy in my playing group that is forehand-dominant uses the Cro a lot, and very well. It's a good forehand disc, and if I forehanded more, I'd likely bag a Cro.
My midranges - Star Cro, DX Wombat3, Star Wombat3, Opto Claymore, Recon Wombat (replaced 1st run Champ Gator, true story, thanks Jerm). The Cro's been in the bag since they came out. I'm on my third one. Surprisingly Cro's can't swim.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:24 AM

Courses Played: 9
Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts

No love for the humble Skeeter? Granted I got rid of mine because it was DX and it got beaten to a pulp, but I still have some fond memories of that disc. Back in the day I had a Roc and a Skeeter, and I mostly just threw the Skeeter because it felt better in the hand.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.2
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 151 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Another vote for the Cro! I use r-pro for backhand touch shots, straight shots and anhy's.

I have a bunch of star Cro's with a mild dome that are perfect for forehand. Nice stable flier! My dream would be a run of flat top color glow cro's... but I may need to fund that on my own as a special order or hope a pro who loves the Cro makes it big

Niced: (2)