#21  
Old 06-01-2018, 11:27 PM
riverdawg riverdawg is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hamptonville, NC
Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 23
Niced 27 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder View Post
Another vote for the Cro! I use r-pro for backhand touch shots, straight shots and anhy's.

I have a bunch of star Cro's with a mild dome that are perfect for forehand. Nice stable flier! My dream would be a run of flat top color glow cro's... but I may need to fund that on my own as a special order or hope a pro who loves the Cro makes it big
Mmmmm, you made me moan, just a little bit, with the color glow talk. Uhhh, could you say a little sumpin in french?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-01-2018, 11:53 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,677
Niced 443 Times in 249 Posts
Default

Cro went OOP for the same reason few people throw the Spider anymore. Great at nothing, good at everything.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-03-2018, 07:09 AM
DinosaurThunder's Avatar
DinosaurThunder DinosaurThunder is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,323
Niced 302 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdawg View Post
Mmmmm, you made me moan, just a little bit, with the color glow talk. Uhhh, could you say a little sumpin in french?
laisse couche par le feu et courve nos corps avec des corbeaux de lueur de couleur.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-03-2018, 12:16 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,390
Niced 338 Times in 210 Posts
Default

Mids are probably the most interchangeable disc for me. Also not used that much. I'd rather throw a putter or fairway in a lot of situations.

My fave is probably the combo of a champ and dx cobra.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-04-2018, 02:30 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,559
Niced 474 Times in 402 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
No love for the humble Skeeter? Granted I got rid of mine because it was DX and it got beaten to a pulp, but I still have some fond memories of that disc. Back in the day I had a Roc and a Skeeter, and I mostly just threw the Skeeter because it felt better in the hand.
I say get another in Star if you like the disc so much. That is if you are not into a brand of discs made by one manufacturer type bag and it is not Innova and its other companies made in same factory.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-04-2018, 02:42 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,559
Niced 474 Times in 402 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Cro went OOP for the same reason few people throw the Spider anymore. Great at nothing, good at everything.
Spider would be a Really good short midrange to long approach disc. Only person I know who uses one is an uncle using the disc as a Putter. However one or two long time sponsored players of Innova are keeping the Spider in production as they use them as a short midrange to approach disc.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-09-2018, 02:54 PM
zontar zontar is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 568
Niced 228 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Ha! Aced with a 175 DX Cro today! 189' wide open. rewarded myself by buying a 167 on the way home. might have to start hoarding them before they disappear......

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-09-2018, 02:59 PM
lines's Avatar
lines lines is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Asheville NC
Courses Played: 29
Posts: 514
Niced 304 Times in 169 Posts
Default

I prefer a powered down beat champ spider more than an max/overpowered putter. I go with a roc (truth) when i need midrange distance.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,056
Niced 620 Times in 454 Posts
Default

You know what is fun? A 150g. Dx stingray.
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 06-09-2018, 03:59 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,262
Niced 1,247 Times in 986 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
You know what is fun? A 150g. Dx stingray.
That might be more fun than I'm allowed to have.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New OS Midrange! RomServo Discs 32 07-01-2018 07:14 PM
Midrange help. wakefield724 Discs 23 08-23-2014 10:01 AM
What midrange should I get? Weyums3 Discs 31 05-13-2013 07:01 PM
Midrange EagleWings Technique & Strategy 40 03-24-2013 02:01 PM
TI vs. Z Midrange Bugz36984 Discs 16 02-09-2013 11:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.