Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 154
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 10 Posts

We use them exclusively on the pond shot at Deep Creek Dreams in Burlington NC lol
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 169 Times in 141 Posts

Too understable. No matter how much hyzer I put on a Dragon it turns and burns immediately. I think for a floater disc people would be better with the Wahoo. Even it isn't a very good driver though.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 114 Times in 97 Posts

I use a Dragon as a floater disc. It is so beat in that I am considering getting a Wahoo for that shot. The Wahoo its made in a tougher plastic and is a heavier disc. I do think if people use a Dragon they are using it as a cut roller.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:33 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
What's the advantage of a bad-flying disc that you can get back if you hit water? If it flies poorly, why do you want it back? I think the dragon would be better if it didn't float, because you'd be done with it at the first lake.
They then might also make the disc in a heavier weight and better plastic so it is not as understable. It gets so understable due to the plastic it is in, that odd style DX that it goes more understable once it is broken in.

I wonder if making the disc in the Blizzard Champion or the Starlite plastic You could make a 150 gram Dragon that floats on water? It would be more likely to not get more understable right away within a year of consistent weekend play as the plastic is tougher.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 01-21-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 44
Niced 391 Times in 251 Posts

I had a first run Wahoo. First drive with it in a completely open field, it magically got a huge gouge in the rim. Probably landed on an ant mound; that's how durable it was. I think that blend of RPro could easily go head to head with Dragon DX for least durable Innova plastic.

I've got a couple 150 class DX Rocs that also got banged up very quickly. I think 150 class DX in general is very flimsy. Whatever weighting agent they add to make DX discs heavier also makes them a lot more durable.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
They then might also make the disc in a heavier weight and better plastic so it is not as understable. It gets so understable due to the plastic it is in, that odd style DX that it goes more understable once it is broken in.

I wonder if making the disc in the Blizzard Champion or the Starlite plastic You could make a 150 gram Dragon that floats on water? It would be more likely to not get more understable right away within a year of consistent weekend play as the plastic is tougher.
I know they did a heavy Wahoo in Blizzard plastic... It seems much more stable than the R-Pro versions I am more familiar with. For a week I might not have ever thrown any disc better than I threw my first Wahoo... Unfortunately the sweet spot with it was out of sync as it seasoned like a stick of butter in the Texas heat.

I still keep them around as my former home course was heavily watered, and I like to think I will get back there consistently.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:23 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
I know they did a heavy Wahoo in Blizzard plastic... It seems much more stable than the R-Pro versions I am more familiar with. For a week I might not have ever thrown any disc better than I threw my first Wahoo... Unfortunately the sweet spot with it was out of sync as it seasoned like a stick of butter in the Texas heat.

I still keep them around as my former home course was heavily watered, and I like to think I will get back there consistently.
Yes I just saw the Innova Wahoo on the Factory Outlet store in a Blizzard plastic, I do know they made a non floating Dragon in Champion at one point but that disc was a non floater. I just want a disc that flies like a Dragon when new but stays at that flight path longer due to a harder plastic like Blizzard or Starlite plastic.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:54 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
I had a first run Wahoo. First drive with it in a completely open field, it magically got a huge gouge in the rim. Probably landed on an ant mound; that's how durable it was. I think that blend of RPro could easily go head to head with Dragon DX for least durable Innova plastic.

I've got a couple 150 class DX Rocs that also got banged up very quickly. I think 150 class DX in general is very flimsy. Whatever weighting agent they add to make DX discs heavier also makes them a lot more durable.
Yeah, I've never seen a floater disc that flew well at all. I'd still take the Wahoo over the Dragon. Better yet, I'll just pack a couple regular beater discs in the bag if I'm going to throw around a bunch of water.

I think Dragons end up in the water so often because they suck and flip all over the place. The damn thing is impossible to control.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:40 AM

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 154
Niced 15 Times in 10 Posts

.25 cents a shot, make it and you take home a jug of money. Normally a few hundred by the time someone makes it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180121_063505.jpg (132.4 KB, 38 views)

Old 01-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
.25 cents a shot, make it and you take home a jug of money. Normally a few hundred by the time someone makes it
That'd be a good lake to wade for discs in....