Old 05-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 158 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
I am really loving mine as a thrower. I just checked and they are sold out at Gateway Underground. I picked up a couple more backups from OTB, get 'em before they are gone!
I've been snatching them up every time I come across some. I've picked up a few of the yellows, but really like the feel of the reds. They're great putters, but also great throwers.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 86
Niced 312 Times in 165 Posts

I only grabbed one yellow and liked it out of the box. But for drives, it started to get a little squirrely on me after getting just a little beat up. I couldn't really trust it to hold the line I put it on.

The reds so far have held up very well, and continue to be good stable throwers even after showing some wear. Just like the old small-stamp S wizards I've been throwing forever. They just get more and more beat and barely change their flight. So my yellow has moved to practice basket putting duty.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:00 AM
Par Member

Niced 74 Times in 56 Posts

My red one smashed a tree and now has zero fade... My yellow one scuffed pretty bad on a rocky course. The jury is still out on the durability.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:16 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Really liking Gateways Diamond plastic. Any experience with Diamond Wizards or platinum (new runs). I ordered some off Marshalls so if nothing I’ll do my best to review and post.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 616 Times in 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Really liking Gateways Diamond plastic. Any experience with Diamond Wizards or platinum (new runs). I ordered some off Marshalls so if nothing I’ll do my best to review and post.
I'm still trying to figure diamond plastic out.
I have 2 diamonds the are both 'champ-like' (completely see thru) that have a small dome. They are not my favorite. They are bricks, they don't have the glide when powered up like normal.
I also have one diamond that is metal-flaked. It is similar to the above.
Now.... I have 2 diamonds that are like matted-star plastic. You can't see through them (yellow). The plastic has a decent grip and they are tougher than nails. These fly like brand new wizards every time. They are great wind fighters, flatter than the above. They are a touch on the slick side so you get decent ground-play with them. I love these diamonds.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
I'm still trying to figure diamond plastic out.
I have 2 diamonds the are both 'champ-like' (completely see thru) that have a small dome. They are not my favorite. They are bricks, they don't have the glide when powered up like normal.
I also have one diamond that is metal-flaked. It is similar to the above.
Now.... I have 2 diamonds that are like matted-star plastic. You can't see through them (yellow). The plastic has a decent grip and they are tougher than nails. These fly like brand new wizards every time. They are great wind fighters, flatter than the above. They are a touch on the slick side so you get decent ground-play with them. I love these diamonds.
The matted star sounds like the Prophecies I have. I absolutely love that material. I’m hoping the ones I ordered are with that plastic. They looked like it in the photo.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
The matted star sounds like the Prophecies I have. I absolutely love that material. I’m hoping the ones I ordered are with that plastic. They looked like it in the photo.
I’ve also had one of those matted star-like diamond prophecies, and it felt amazing. Great grip and a little bit of flex. It was also yellow.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 65
Niced 138 Times in 99 Posts

Love my Evo platinums for that slot. Grippy soft in the right way Fills the gap between a straight PW and my Berg. Stable, some glide (not like base wizards), lands softly.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Old 05-07-2019, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 568 Times in 347 Posts

I have no Wizard experience. Was checking them out on some retailer sites & there is an overwhelming amount of plastic options. My favorite putting plastic is Prodigy's 350g. What Wizard plastic would be similar? Firm flight plate & grippy. Not KC Pro slick.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 65
Niced 138 Times in 99 Posts

I dont have a ton of prodigy experience but I would guess start with soft. Its actually pretty firm but grippy. Its also widely available.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk