Old 02-06-2019, 01:55 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,582 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Because they truly are disastrously ugly. The Bullfrog, the RR, the Destroyer. Whatever happened to the clean, crisp Star plastic stamps of the past? Sheesh.
When Innova converted from the circle stamps to the more generic looking "professional" stock stamps we said "whatever happened to the cool artwork on the stamps of the past?" What comes around goes around.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2019, 02:43 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 795 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
When Innova converted from the circle stamps to the more generic looking "professional" stock stamps we said "whatever happened to the cool artwork on the stamps of the past?" What comes around goes around.
Yeah I like the old circle Stamps but these new stamps are bigger and seemhave more in the stamp then the old ones ever did. Not to mention the Destroyer never had a Raptor of some kind on the DX disc, they had some kind of robot thing on them. The Stamp for these new discs is more busy then any of the old circle stamps ever were. I like the Bullfrog Stamp, that is busy a bit but Innova is not having them go over top the art with the players name on the disc like they do with most of the new player stamps. If Innova went back to the old Circle stamp for player names on discs that would be cool and even make discs with the circle stamp like the Destroyer that had never been a circle stamp before.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 135 Times in 83 Posts

Had to chat with good Old Gregg after league today. I suggested luster champion Eagles for his Tour series next year and he said it's an idea he had not considered but that he likes. Apparently the decision to go with star this year was for the malleability and feel of the classic which is closer to early 2000s champ as well as the fact that star plastic has far higher demand in Europe than does Champion

Niced: (2)
Old 05-22-2019, 12:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 756 Times in 367 Posts

Barsby turned up to the league I run this evening and I picked up this double-stamped Roadrunner from him. Still not exactly crazy about the bird illustration, but the gold foil stamp is awesome.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,352 Times in 1,819 Posts

That's a fine look RR right there
Old 05-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 170
Niced 728 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
For those who hate it, do you hate it because it's different or because you think it's ugly?
I hate the new stamps because they are way to busy and should have just been put on dx discs like in the past. The new art makes the discs look childish and far from professional. Id like to support Ricky but the new destroyer art makes it so that will never happen. Id like to support Barsby but his tour series eagle is crap plastic and the art is terrible.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:14 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
I don't understand how some of you guys and gals are getting so worked up by a stamp. If you already like the Roadrunner or want to support Barsby, but hate the stamp wipe the damn thing and be done with it. If you are switching away from a Destroyer or Roadrunner because of the new stamps, odds are you probably didn't like the disc very much in the first place.
Most of us arent switching away from those discs. We are just buying tournament stamps with better art. It sucks for the players because now none of my money goes to support them and more goes to innova. My conspiracy mind says innova did this on purpose so they could take money away from their pros but there is no way that is true. But its fun to think it, to me.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:41 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 43 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I hate the new stamps because they are way to busy and should have just been put on dx discs like in the past. The new art makes the discs look childish and far from professional. Id like to support Ricky but the new destroyer art makes it so that will never happen. Id like to support Barsby but his tour series eagle is crap plastic and the art is terrible.
We're talking about frisbees, which are inherently childish. If you really want to support a touring pro, the stamp shouldn't be what's stopping you. Like HERB was suggesting, why can't you buy their disc and wipe the stamp if it's so offensive? Dye any design of your choice as replacement art, or enjoy the minimalist beauty of a blank disc.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:22 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscyBusiness View Post
We're talking about frisbees, which are inherently childish. If you really want to support a touring pro, the stamp shouldn't be what's stopping you. Like HERB was suggesting, why can't you buy their disc and wipe the stamp if it's so offensive? Dye any design of your choice as replacement art, or enjoy the minimalist beauty of a blank disc.
Its a pretty simple concept. Why would I buy a disc that performs well but doesnt look good when I can get the exact same disc but it looks good? All of this is subjective and Im not going to throw money at a product that I view as inferior. Im going to spend my money on a product that I view as superior.

Now if supporting a certain pro is the top thing on my list of reasons to buy a disc then yes I would just buy the disc and wipe the stamp. But its not. It just sucks for these pros that they dont get the full benefit of a signature disc because innova, imo, failed when it came to giving them a signature disc. Yes their name is on it but the art is so busy that it is very easy to not even look at who is on the disc.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 159
Niced 135 Times in 100 Posts

I’m with Horsman on this one. I wouldn’t picking up a Ricky Destroyer or two, but I just don’t see myself throwing something that looks like that.