Old 10-02-2019, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,177 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
I've been unsure of their business plan since they started Axiom. If it was me I would be trying to build one brand not two or three.
The way that Axiom was marketed was that it was for the brother that did less of the technical side and more of the marketing side, as he thought that the discs needed more bling. Who knows, that may be true. Axiom may have been launched to keep down family tension.

The cynical take at the time was that MVP wanted to compete with shelf space with trilogy. That also may be true.

From my time watching this play out, I think it was a bit of both.

Either way, Streamline needed to be on its own. Easy break in concerns.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 67 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmz View Post
So, i got my hands on a few Teleports and a Dimension. First thought's are, wow these are stable. One of the Teleports is much more stable than the other two. Same weight but difference in dome. The Dimension is an absolute beast. One of the most overstable discs i have ever thrown. It's like a Stiletto/really overstable PD2 but with glide. It is also super poptop, are they all like this?

The Teleports i really like. One is straight-understable, nice bit of turn and a good fade. One is straight, very minimal flip and healthy fade. The third is almost like a Dimension, no flip at all and really big fade. I feel like this stack of Teleports could fit in the bag with the Destroyers and PD2's i throw.
Just got a dimension and love it. It's exactly what my bag was missing. Headwinds at full power it flies straight forever with a small turn and healthy fade. My octanes and mayhems flip over in headwinds so it's a welcome addition to the bag and absolutely bombs. Gonna need a few more. Havent tried the teleport where does it fit stability wise?

Niced: (1)
Old 10-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 95
Niced 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmz View Post
Got my first taste in Gyro-plastic with the Neutron Proxy and a Neutron Envy. Absolutely love them both. But, the Proxy is a bit understable and the Envy is a bit overstable. So i'm looking for something in between. Like the stability of the Envy without the fade.
Plasma Envy. Plasma isn't as OS as Neutron, beats in quicker, and has more glide.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
Just got a dimension and love it. It's exactly what my bag was missing. Headwinds at full power it flies straight forever with a small turn and healthy fade. My octanes and mayhems flip over in headwinds so it's a welcome addition to the bag and absolutely bombs. Gonna need a few more. Havent tried the teleport where does it fit stability wise?
For me the Teleport flies like how Dimension's fly in a headwind. Small turn and still a good fade. They actually go really far when you get them nose down and give them height. Probably the easiest distance if you have over 450ft of power.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 95
Niced 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
I've been unsure of their business plan since they started Axiom. If it was me I would be trying to build one brand not two or three.
This seems bizarre to me as well. Wish they'd just do multi-color rims on all their discs and be done with it. Name them what they want. We all call them all MVP anyway. Never heard anyone on the course say - "He throws Axiom!"

The way I understood the announcement was that they were moving everything in house and they needed to transition molds to their new equipment. Most of the midranges were made with the same core ... their original mold ... which apparently does not work on their new equipment. New molds are expensive - so I'm sure the discontinuation is a financial decision in order for them to successfully transition to their new equipment.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 View Post
This seems bizarre to me as well. Wish they'd just do multi-color rims on all their discs and be done with it. Name them what they want. We all call them all MVP anyway. Never heard anyone on the course say - "He throws Axiom!"

The way I understood the announcement was that they were moving everything in house and they needed to transition molds to their new equipment. Most of the midranges were made with the same core ... their original mold ... which apparently does not work on their new equipment. New molds are expensive - so I'm sure the discontinuation is a financial decision in order for them to successfully transition to their new equipment.
There's that, which is reason enough I think, and the fact that despite a cult following of loyalists their mid's have been the weakest part of their lineup. Ive personally bagged a few tangents, an axis, vector, and theory and finally settled on proton and electron matrix's to cover all mid shots because I find it to be the most versatile mid they have.

I love my vector, and I loved my tangents until I lost the last one at hillcrest farms but honestly I found the tangent lacked glide, the vector wasnt as stable as I wanted, the axis was too stable and the theory was perfect but only as a slow turnover disc (which there's likely no better) and its hard to justify bagging one when I've got a beat electron atom that does the exact same shot and is also my putting mold.

My opinions don't matter though, I think it's the notion that in the public sphere/"forum-land" There are many who've vocalized the opinion that MVP's mids were their weakest point and when there's the buzzz and the comet to compete with I think they likely would have done it eventually no matter what.

They seem like guys who strive to move forward and are constantly fine tuning things. If you've ever dabbled as an artist of any kind (music for example) you know how difficult it is to listen to old songs you recorded in your earlier development - especially when set against your current work. It's an uncomfortable juxtaposition. But re-recording those old songs to match your current style and skill is the difference between having a few hit singles or having a hit ALBUM and I think they just want every song on theirs to be a chart topper.

I for one am excited to see what they come up with because their putters and drivers are leading the industry pack in performance IMHO.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobpaul81 View Post
Plasma Envy. Plasma isn't as OS as Neutron, beats in quicker, and has more glide.
Try an Atom?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
Try an Atom?
In Neutron.. Heck yeah that will work but stock up quick..

Old 10-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
In Neutron.. Heck yeah that will work but stock up quick..
Yup, Neutron. Im kinda choked that ones OoP now... I love mine AND am gonna need a few more of them.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Niced 58 Times in 37 Posts

I like my neutron Atom but my proton Atom fly the same for me. It's a clear kind of purple color so it's hard to find so I use my neutron most of the time. Still I wonder why no more neutron Atom but if they do some in plasma It would be great.