* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 979 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If discgolf gets a Maria Sharapova or Anna Kournikova that might change. . .
...along those lines I love watching the LPGA.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,207 Times in 1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If discgolf gets a Maria Sharapova or Anna Kournikova that might change. . .
Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?

DG has Catrina Allen and Kristen Tattar.

(Just in case you don't know, the 'Willis' comment is from the old 'Diffrent Strokes' TV show. I'm old enough to remember it.)
Old 10-06-2019, 04:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?

DG has Catrina Allen and Kristen Tattar.

(Just in case you don't know, the 'Willis' comment is from the old 'Diffrent Strokes' TV show. I'm old enough to remember it.)
As a swede its hard not to miss Ragna Bygde on the course...hard to forget Terry Millers ” short shorts” interview

Old 10-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

I'll just leave this here.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,383 Times in 419 Posts

...holy thread drift...and it wasn't me this time.

This week was a career highlight for me, what a great team we had. I'm very thankful for their tireless efforts. Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Also - inside info here - the reason the stream was rough for the first couple of holes was because so many people started trying to livestream from their phones and clogged the cell towers. The cameras themselves were transmitting directly to the truck with very few issues (really only on #13 and #15), but the connection from the truck to the stage was via cell towers, so that's why we were able to dump back to the camera angles that were wired directly into the stage show...and also why we were able to get the replays after the fact.

Once an announcement was made after Hole 4 and people stopped was when it smoothed out.

Livestreaming is evolving! This show was very ambitious from a tech standpoint, and the Fulcrum team really did a phenomenal job.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 44
Niced 304 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
...holy thread drift...and it wasn't me this time.

This week was a career highlight for me, what a great team we had. I'm very thankful for their tireless efforts. Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Also - inside info here - the reason the stream was rough for the first couple of holes was because so many people started trying to livestream from their phones and clogged the cell towers. The cameras themselves were transmitting directly to the truck with very few issues (really only on #13 and #15), but the connection from the truck to the stage was via cell towers, so that's why we were able to dump back to the camera angles that were wired directly into the stage show...and also why we were able to get the replays after the fact.

Once an announcement was made after Hole 4 and people stopped was when it smoothed out.

Livestreaming is evolving! This show was very ambitious from a tech standpoint, and the Fulcrum team really did a phenomenal job.
It was really evident what a challenge it was for you guys. The van made me laugh as it drove right through the fairways through a sea of people. That course kicks everyone’s ass whether you’re a player or a spectator, so no surprise that the media had issues too.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
It's about $$$ in business. It will always be about $$$. Top men are much better than top women therefore it makes sense the best players get the best signature discs.

How's that for being honest but un-pc?
You are incorrect in one aspect, men don't make more or get better sig discs because they are better than women at disc golf, but because they are better at selling discs. Now there could come a time were a singularly great female, even if not capable of beating most of the top male pros, could break through and be more popular than most of the male pros. Look at someone like Paige Pierce, who may be Dynamic's most popular player. I bet she sells more discs than most male players with ratings less than 1020.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 384 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
You are incorrect in one aspect, men don't make more or get better sig discs because they are better than women at disc golf, but because they are better at selling discs. Now there could come a time were a singularly great female, even if not capable of beating most of the top male pros, could break through and be more popular than most of the male pros. Look at someone like Paige Pierce, who may be Dynamic's most popular player. I bet she sells more discs than most male players with ratings less than 1020.
Men are selling to a consumer population that is 95% men. I don’t think you mean “better at selling discs” as in actually selling them but, instead, they have an easier marketplace to sell to and have more exposure. You are very likely right about PP. I love the Deputy and likely only know about it because of her. If that Convict weren’t such a dud, she’d be selling even better,

For all the “grow the sport” nonsense, none of the manufacturer’s are doing all that much to make inroads w/women and capturing that population, which should be a huge space for growth. And women’s sig discs would sell well if many Am men players 1)were honest about the discs they should throw and 2) were “okay” with throwing a woman’s sig disc.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:23 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 135 Times in 83 Posts

I throw the **** out of Madison Walker Wraiths and Im a dude. Or at least that's what I've been told

Old 10-07-2019, 12:14 AM
Par Member

Niced 94 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Reality is socially constructed not as it is just because it is. Also, when are you going to pay the USWNT? They’re better than the men and more popular. You working on that?
Reality is Reality.

The USWNT actually makes MORE than the men's team in terms of what they produce.

The USWNT makes 14% of the money they generate, while the men's team makes 9%.

The cry of "Equal Pay" would actually result in the women making less than what they do now.

Along with disc golf, I really enjoy watching the women's side of each sport. I can relate to their level of play much better in disc golf and soccer. I, also, enjoy that our USWNT is outstandingly talented.