Old 10-17-2019, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,973 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I am comparing it to a fresh Drone or a fresh Gila. Both are more OS and have more glide.
discraft mids are superior

you wont be able to match drones os with glide
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2019, 07:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 98 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I am comparing it to a fresh Drone or a fresh Gila. Both are more OS and have more glide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
discraft mids are superior

you wont be able to match drones os with glide
Admittedly I haven't had much experience with newer Drones, but back in my Buzz days I tested them exhaustively as an overstable compliment. I've thrown Ds and a few runs of Z. The Drone is blunter/slower and more overstable than the Pyro. I don't think it glides more at all if we are comparing Z to Proton. The Drone has more of a C-shape flight and even when seasoned it doesn't ever fly flat well. Like a mini Pred it wants to be turned over or fading. The Pyro holds flat lines and does it quite a bit faster than the Drone.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Admittedly I haven't had much experience with newer Drones, but back in my Buzz days I tested them exhaustively as an overstable compliment. I've thrown Ds and a few runs of Z. The Drone is blunter/slower and more overstable than the Pyro. I don't think it glides more at all if we are comparing Z to Proton. The Drone has more of a C-shape flight and even when seasoned it doesn't ever fly flat well. Like a mini Pred it wants to be turned over or fading. The Pyro holds flat lines and does it quite a bit faster than the Drone.
glo flx drone had hella glide

or esp

i really dont know anyone who throws z drones and i havent thrown a z in ages

i should have specified
Old 10-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 263 Times in 151 Posts

So I'm thinking of getting another relay after giving mine away to a buddy. How does the switch compare to the relay? I will probably be pairing it up with either a Rival or a Crave for my slightly more overstable fairway.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So I'm thinking of getting another relay after giving mine away to a buddy. How does the switch compare to the relay? I will probably be pairing it up with either a Rival or a Crave for my slightly more overstable fairway.
switch was a really stupid it had a ton of turn and a decent bite back think a really dramatic eagle flight

regardless if you pair a relay with a rival or switch or crave you really need another mold for that true os fairway slot

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 263 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
switch was a really stupid it had a ton of turn and a decent bite back think a really dramatic eagle flight

regardless if you pair a relay with a rival or switch or crave you really need another mold for that true os fairway slot
I’ve only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasn’t pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but haven’t thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

What would you pair with the relay as an OS compliment?
Old 10-19-2019, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,165 Times in 670 Posts

If I am playing out of my big bag, I use a K1 Kaxe for my OS Relay slot. If I am playing out of my crunchbox, I will use my 150g Proline Banzai.

Both the Kaxe and the Banzai have great glide but still resist turning over in a headwind.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 10-19-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 789 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
I’ve only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasn’t pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but haven’t thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

Well if the Crave isn't stable enough the Volt is the next logical step, I wouldn't bother with the Switch then for sure. It is goofy I like it but it's got a weird turn sometimes I love the late bite. Honestly for me I use a fission Photon for that role in a lighter weight than my Relay.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-19-2019, 12:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

volt

or champ or star teebird

Old 10-19-2019, 01:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,165 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
volt

or champ or star teebird
I can agree with the Volt. It's enough faster I didn't really consider it... but he did mention Firebird.