Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 137 Times in 106 Posts

Idk man. I’ve bagged several pilots, a Stabilizer, three separate traces (darn things like to glide forever into the junk when I throw them bad) and two drifts over the years and they are all uniform and have a touch of give but are pretty similar to any other premium blend I’ve ever used-star (depending on the run Neutron might even be stiffer), fuzion (neutron’s been stiffer than most fuzion), etc. maybe a touch less firm than some ESP I’ve felt but honestly it probably hits right in the middle of any other premium opaque blend I’ve used, just tends to be more uniform in the Streamline brand than other plastics I’ve thrown.
Maybe our tastes in floppiness are a little different-Neutron does have an ever so slight “gummy” tack to it on the hand but overall I’ve found is reasonably firm flex-wise. So if it’s hand feel I see what you’re saying-If it’s overall bend-ability then I’m not sure.

as a totally different note:
I do not have perfect form/release but am in the process of reworking it. A lot of grip and release is preference but does follow some basic principles-and the grip should never be so tight you distort the disc to a dramatic degree. The grip that gets the most “sling” and transmits the most energy from my arm’s snap is actually only using the thumb enough to keep the disc on my index finger. Unless you use a forced shank release, but in order for it to be any kind of accurate needs to be in a perfect spot and only hit at the perfect moment, but at that point grip and distortion doesn’t really matter a whole lot.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by bsammons; 10-22-2019 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:40 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Definitely being molded by Mint. Given the colors iv'e seen them in in it looks like Sublime plastic and the weight sticker on the back is Mint style.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-22-2019, 11:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 311 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjstellmach View Post
Definitely being molded by Mint. Given the colors iv'e seen them in in it looks like Sublime plastic and the weight sticker on the back is Mint style.
I wish I could like this post more than once.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,369 Times in 2,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post

as a totally different note:
I do not have perfect form/release but am in the process of reworking it. A lot of grip and release is preference but does follow some basic principles-and the grip should never be so tight you distort the disc to a dramatic degree. The grip that gets the most “sling” and transmits the most energy from my arm’s snap is actually only using the thumb enough to keep the disc on my index finger. Unless you use a forced shank release, but in order for it to be any kind of accurate needs to be in a perfect spot and only hit at the perfect moment, but at that point grip and distortion doesn’t really matter a whole lot.
I would agree with this. Coming from a golf background one of the first lessons I was taught and would teach new players, is not to strangle the club before the swing starts. People tend to tense up plenty enough during the swing to keep ahold of the club and if you already have a tight grip on it, it can make your swing a bit less fluid and more robotic...
Old 10-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 263 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjstellmach View Post
Mint doesn't mold their own discs. They are molded by MVP. So yeah definitely molded by the same people which is MVP. Also sublime plastic=plasma.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

We are dropping our new Ethos mantras at 12am EST!

We figured we would let everyone know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_422532451973936.jpg (94.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191106_180154_361.jpg (147.8 KB, 54 views)

Niced: (1)
Old 11-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 789 Times in 669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
you got a few doubles in there
okay that was me just doing that thing really fast, too fast in fact.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:09 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Anybody able to post a rim picture for one of these? I'm curious about the profile, with the same plastic and rim width/depth as the Alpha I'm imagining it could make a nice compliment.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:31 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Many of the small disc companies create "new" discs with their manufacturer by combining the top and bottom plates from different preexisting molds. My guess is the Mantra is the top plate of a Drift and bottom plate of a Lift. The Mint Alpha could be the opposite.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 230 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwood19 View Post
Many of the small disc companies create "new" discs with their manufacturer by combining the top and bottom plates from different preexisting molds. My guess is the Mantra is the top plate of a Drift and bottom plate of a Lift. The Mint Alpha could be the opposite.
i can assure you the alpha is its own mold and pieces