Old 10-23-2019, 01:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 706 Times in 552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
The Stock Fuzion Raiders are fantastic. These have outperformed everything I have thrown. They are what I wanted to the Star Destroyer to be. Smooth 375 both FH and BH. I was even pushing them out to 400 on hyzer/golf lines at my last tournament. I haven't noticed any issues in 10-15 mph headwinds. I don't think I would be throwing them into 20 mph headwinds though. Really interested if/when they come out with the Lucid-X version. That could be a really nice complement on windier days.

Some interesting things I've found over the past few months:
- The Lone Star stamp ones have a bit more HST but much more LSF. The really dump out at the end of the flight.
- Once you go lower than 170 you start to notice more turn than the max weight versions.
- I actually haven't noticed any more stability out of the Lucid versions. I would imagine the BioFuzions are more understable, but I'm not sure.
I've only thrown 1 Raider, and its a Fuzion 168g. This disc is flippier than almost any star Destroyer I've thrown. It bends to the right on hard rips and flexes out nicely. I won't call it flippy, but it isn't really overstable either.

My Raider is good for 400' of controlled distance easily. It seems a hair faster and glides better than most Destroyers I've seen as well. I'd probably bag both a Raider and Destroyer. The Destroyer holds up better in windy conditions.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 179 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I've only thrown 1 Raider, and its a Fuzion 168g. This disc is flippier than almost any star Destroyer I've thrown. It bends to the right on hard rips and flexes out nicely. I won't call it flippy, but it isn't really overstable either.

My Raider is good for 400' of controlled distance easily. It seems a hair faster and glides better than most Destroyers I've seen as well. I'd probably bag both a Raider and Destroyer. The Destroyer holds up better in windy conditions.
I have 2 max weight fuzions that have a lot of additional stability compared to my 168 lucid. You can cover them all with different weights. The lucid x will make the stupid overstable ones eventually. The biofuzion is the pro, for sure

Old 10-23-2019, 06:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 40
Niced 182 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

That's what I have found. I have a few 168-169's that are noticeably more understable than my raiders in the 173-175 range. They complement each other until you can beat a heavier one in. I would try a max weight one if you get the itch to replace that destroyer, they seem to resist HST more than a destroyer and they penetrate forward which is why I think they might be longer. Newer Destroyers tend to dump out at the end of their flights in my experience as opposed to fading forward. Longer on both BH and FH than any destroyer I've thrown.