#3441  
Old 10-24-2019, 05:47 PM
DiscinFiend's Avatar
DiscinFiend DiscinFiend is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,761
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Discmania is coming out with a putter/mid that's beefy & beadless?!?! I'll definitely be buying a few. I'm excited to see how they compare to my Pigs/MD5s for sidearm shots.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #3442  
Old 10-25-2019, 09:44 AM
mjdepue's Avatar
mjdepue mjdepue is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New England
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 41
Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursdaddy View Post
Whats up on those Swirly FD's with the Jackal stamp? Haven't seen them in any shops or online stores and a little hesitant to purchase from DM store sight unseen. Too afraid of getting tan/earth colors again as they tend to be really hard to find against the desert landscape in AZ
Jackals are a Discmania store exclusive. Dealers don’t have them.
Reply With Quote
  #3443  
Old 10-25-2019, 10:01 AM
ArtemisClydFr0g ArtemisClydFr0g is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 128
Niced 41 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursdaddy View Post
Whats up on those Swirly FD's with the Jackal stamp? Haven't seen them in any shops or online stores and a little hesitant to purchase from DM store sight unseen. Too afraid of getting tan/earth colors again as they tend to be really hard to find against the desert landscape in AZ
I rolled the dice and I'm very happy with what I got (see attached picture). Like Discmania's description says, they are pretty flat and fly overstable for an FD. I took my S-line out of the bag because I wasn't loving the dome, so I'm hoping this pink one will make the bag after I get used to the flight. Right now it's overlapping a bit with my Royal Rage, but I imagine that will change as it starts to beat in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jackals.jpg (98.5 KB, 57 views)

Reply With Quote
  #3444  
Old 10-25-2019, 12:04 PM
UhrigDG's Avatar
UhrigDG UhrigDG is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Posts: 40
Niced 24 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I didn’t get so lucky on the color of my jackal stamped FD. I bought a 168g and besides the color a it’s great disc. The extra stability keeps it laser straight if you rip on it, flies very similar to my fav 11x Teebird. I didn’t think it had nearly the dump that my slightly seasoned RR still has.
Reply With Quote
  #3445  
Old 10-25-2019, 06:20 PM
DiscinFiend's Avatar
DiscinFiend DiscinFiend is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,761
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Are D-Line P1s going OOP?
Reply With Quote
  #3446  
Old 10-26-2019, 11:25 PM
rusch_bag's Avatar
rusch_bag rusch_bag is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 956
Niced 228 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
I rolled the dice and I'm very happy with what I got (see attached picture). Like Discmania's description says, they are pretty flat and fly overstable for an FD. I took my S-line out of the bag because I wasn't loving the dome, so I'm hoping this pink one will make the bag after I get used to the flight. Right now it's overlapping a bit with my Royal Rage, but I imagine that will change as it starts to beat in.
Mine got lost in the mail for a few days, but you got my hopes up seeing how bright yours were. I got two brown ones. The one is puke green inside of a brown ring. Hopefully they fly well enough that the color won't matter. If Innova or discmania offered the feel of the swirly plastic in normal colors I would buy that so fast.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3447  
Old 10-28-2019, 09:29 AM
fishballer06 fishballer06 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: PA
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 310
Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhrigDG View Post
I didn’t get so lucky on the color of my jackal stamped FD. I bought a 168g and besides the color a it’s great disc.
From what I've seen, all of the lighter weights were pretty ugly colors. All of the pretty one's I've seen have been heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Are D-Line P1s going OOP?
According to the official discontinue release, only C and S line are going OOP in the P1.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3448  
Old 10-29-2019, 02:57 PM
skizzle34's Avatar
skizzle34 skizzle34 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 901
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Mine got lost in the mail for a few days, but you got my hopes up seeing how bright yours were. I got two brown ones. The one is puke green inside of a brown ring. Hopefully they fly well enough that the color won't matter. If Innova or discmania offered the feel of the swirly plastic in normal colors I would buy that so fast.
Set them out in the sun for a few days and they might lighten up. I had a brown turn into a grey after 3 days in the direct outdoor sun.
Reply With Quote
  #3449  
Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 PM
B The V B The V is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 150
Niced 108 Times in 53 Posts
Default

When those swirly md5’s coming out that Niko had at the headquarters?
Reply With Quote
 

  #3450  
Old 10-31-2019, 12:38 PM
DiscyBusiness's Avatar
DiscyBusiness DiscyBusiness is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 67
Niced 43 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscyBusiness View Post
THE MOB DEMANDS IT!

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official First Dyes Thread LeewayeDiscGolf Disc Dyeing 328 12-23-2014 12:21 AM
The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread :::LSWT::: General Disc Golf Chat 2879 08-21-2013 08:06 PM
Devin_707's Official FSOT Thread devin_707 The Marketplace 25 04-12-2011 01:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.