Old 10-28-2019, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 705 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned more! Maybe too old school of a mold?

I tried a Z Flick back when I leaned heavily on OS plastic: flat 11X Firebird, pearly champ Monster, etc. And the Flick was in a class of its own in terms of how fast it would fade out of the hand.

Like, even firm snaps looked like early releases, because it would fade off the line so quickly. There were times where it felt like it was trying to twist in my hand to a more hyzer-y angle; trying to fade before I had even let it go.

When I lost it, I wasn't sad. That thing was useless except as a sort of sick party trick.
I've thrown several Flicks, and never seen a really brutal one. For me a Flick will actually ride flat for a bit before fading hard.

I've found the Nuke OS to be WAAAAYYY more overstable than any Flick I've ever thrown.

Interesting thing with the Flick: Those 150 Zs are beefier than heavier ones. For such a light weight disc they're nasty and glideless.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-28-2019, 09:24 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 633 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
Stego is the only disc I’ve ever FH roller’d and it go right.

It’s stupid. Never thrown anything like it.

It seriously is more OS the harder you throw it.

I play with a kid who has a wicked arm. I bet him $5 he couldn’t get pin high. (We were a flat ~250’)

He threw, the disc dumped out early, we all laughed.

Then I bet him double or nothing he couldn’t muscle it there with big boy driver power- He cranked it, and it did a gymnastic high speed flip/smash into the grass even shorter.

He bought it from me 2 mins later haha it’s the sirens song of the Stego! Nothing about it makes any sense but once you throw it you need it.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 633 Times in 281 Posts

Speaking of which, where can a guy get the armor stegos? They get scooped up super fast?
Old 10-28-2019, 10:40 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 790 Times in 670 Posts

Tee Rex my dad used, nearly the same thing as an Xcaliubur was very OS when he played more.
I use a Champion Destroyer and do not get the ones with High Dome and/or Max Weight or you will need to have top power players speed on the disc. Slightly under Average dome and Lower is best.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:44 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Speaking of which, where can a guy get the armor stegos? They get scooped up super fast?
They still have some up on the RDG website I believe

Old 10-29-2019, 03:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,810 Times in 740 Posts

I have a Discraft Z Xtreme. Unfortunately it is OOP. Gave it to a fella in our cub that has 450' power and he couldn't get it more than 230' before it tried to bury itself on its way to the center of the Earth. Sounds like the Stego...just so OS it generates a lot of lolz.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 903 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I've thrown several Flicks, and never seen a really brutal one. For me a Flick will actually ride flat for a bit before fading hard.
Huh, I must have just gotten a freak of a Flick.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 65
Niced 135 Times in 98 Posts

Flicks are very speed stable, like the rask. Get it up to cruise speed and they hold a while. Both being quite fast also drop out of the air hard. If you have a chance try throwing that flick into a strong headwind, it will flip before a lot of overstable discs including our usually more workable OS discs like the firebird or pred.

Blake_T had a good writeup on this a long while back and used the flick as an example

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Old 10-29-2019, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 705 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Flicks are very speed stable, like the rask. Get it up to cruise speed and they hold a while. Both being quite fast also drop out of the air hard. If you have a chance try throwing that flick into a strong headwind, it will flip before a lot of overstable discs including our usually more workable OS discs like the firebird or pred.

Blake_T had a good writeup on this a long while back and used the flick as an example

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Agree that the Flick isn't a very good headwind disc when you want your shot to stay firmly hyzer or flat. Flicks can go from hyzer to flipped in a surprisingly small amount of headwind.

In calm conditions the Flick is overstable enough to handle just about any shot. If there's a headwind I'll probably throw a Firebird instead.

The Rask I had was beefier than the Flick too. When that thing faded, it went down like a freaking rock. I eventually took the Rask out of the bag in favor of the somewhat less overstable champ X Cal.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 595 Times in 435 Posts

I'm sure its been listed already but in my experience these were the MOST OS discs I've used
(from slowest to fastest)

-Zone - puddle top Z
-Deflector - MVP disc like a justice
-Justice

-Flare - Streamline Discs - its pretty much a FAF Firebird
-Firebird - a FAF one
-Machete - Discraft Machete is REALLY OS
-H1 - especially the original , it is stupid OS
-Flick - the discraft flick is super fast and super OS, a new Glow FLick is probably the most OS disc I've ever used

-Phase - MVP
-Energy - MVP
-Stiletto - Lat64
-Limit - MVP
(MVP has some very flat and very OS discs)