Old 10-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Not enough HSS in my opinion. Though I do like my ESP Vulture.
Even with adding a little hyzer? I find that it rides a straight line fairly well. Either way, fair enough.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2019, 04:08 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Even with adding a little hyzer? I find that it rides a straight line fairly well. Either way, fair enough.
It's just not my style of play anymore to throw a flip to flat. (I worked too hard to learn a flat and straight release I stopped throwing flip up shots and with the right discs there's no need for me to flip to flat. It's not an issue for what I want to get out the game.)

What I do think is a Vulture and Thunderbird can compliment each other in the sense that a Vulture is essentially a GStar Thunderbird with a few rounds under it. So you can pretty much bag a Thunderbird for a straight to stable shot and the Vulture for some lateral movement when needed.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:04 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
It's just not my style of play anymore to throw a flip to flat. (I worked too hard to learn a flat and straight release I stopped throwing flip up shots and with the right discs there's no need for me to flip to flat. It's not an issue for what I want to get out the game.)

What I do think is a Vulture and Thunderbird can compliment each other in the sense that a Vulture is essentially a GStar Thunderbird with a few rounds under it. So you can pretty much bag a Thunderbird for a straight to stable shot and the Vulture for some lateral movement when needed.
Making me want to try a Thunderbird.

The reason I've held off is because I've heard some are as stable as a PD. I wouldn't mind something similar that didn't require as much power to go far.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 94 Times in 80 Posts
Default Thunderbird vs Anax

Anyone compare the Thunderbird to the Anax?
Old 10-31-2019, 04:40 PM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 15 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
The reason I've held off is because I've heard some are as stable as a PD. I wouldn't mind something similar that didn't require as much power to go far.
Get yourself a Pro or GStar Thundy and don't look back! Pro is my favorite but I have been digging the GStar in the colder weather. GStar is flippier off the shelf but Pro ages faster of course.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-31-2019, 04:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 520 Times in 298 Posts

I really dislike Gstar plastic, I picked up a Pro Thundie and it flys exactly like I hoped it would. I wanted a Beat in longer Teebird type of flight and that is exactly what I got. It glides for days and has just a bit of turn and pretty mellow fade relative to a star or champ thunderbird.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 34 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Making me want to try a Thunderbird.

I used to throw 150g S Line PD's and I have a 173g Pro Thunderbird. The flight is really similar. I would call my Thunderbird reliably stable, but certainly not a meat hook. If I put the Thunderbird on a hyzer it doesn't flip up on max power.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 145 Times in 109 Posts

Anyone else broken in some firebirds to fly like thunderbirds? I havent thrown thunderbirds since the proto stars because I have soo many star firebirds that I will never lose them all. My star firebirds are broken in straight to cover all my thunderbird like shots. Am I the only one?
Old 11-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 34 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
Anyone else broken in some firebirds to fly like thunderbirds? I havent thrown thunderbirds since the proto stars because I have soo many star firebirds that I will never lose them all. My star firebirds are broken in straight to cover all my thunderbird like shots. Am I the only one?
I've got a collection of Firebirds I'm actually trying to fit into this role. So far my 2017 Sexton Tour Bird is the closest. My FAF old Star is the most OS and my pearly champ Bird is somewhere in the middle. Doubt it will beat into straight though. Next on my list is a DX Bird specifically for bashing into trees :P

Old 11-01-2019, 04:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 48
Niced 845 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
Get yourself a Pro or GStar Thundy and don't look back! Pro is my favorite but I have been digging the GStar in the colder weather. GStar is flippier off the shelf but Pro ages faster of course.
Will these ever get to the point of having the same distance potential as Valks and/or Sidewinders? I am throwing Sidewinders so far I have been thinking of attempting to use speed 9 as my max as an experiment. My current Thunderbirds are far too stable for max distance throws.