Old 11-01-2019, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,171 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
yeah my suggestion is op needs to get better grip cuz there is no reason the judge shouldnt work as a throwing putter
Says the guy who throws an Ion....
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 282 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I've thrown both the Ion and the Judge. They're pretty similar, actually the Judge is flatter come to think of it. Then again, I drive with Wizards, so what do I know.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 26 Posts

If I were you I would try to find a store with a pile of different putters to fondle. Give all the recommendations here (if possible of course) a solid feel in whatever plastics they have available. Try beads, beadless, weird brands you've never heard of and see what feels best.

Like has been said a couple times in this thread, putters are super feel based. Get your hands on as many as possible, and pick the best feeling one, grab a couple. Then go to a field and fling that plastic around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 11-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 282 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Fairbanks.1023 View Post
So I'm curious to know how you have enough information on every aspect of my game to know so confidently that it HAS to be my grip? I have the ability to throw a Judge 300' pin straight, I just don't like the way it feels.
I'll concede that it definitely could be, but the mold of the putter could very well also be the issue. For context, I have arthritis in every joint from my fingers to my shoulder on top of tendonitis in my elbow. The way a disc sits in my hands is just as important as how I'm holding it.
This would have been good to know at the start. If you like the judge otherwise, of the 'throwing putters' I've tried I'd try a chief, which is about as thick feeling as a flat top mid (and has been mentioned previously), Assuming you like the bead, that is. If you were local, I'd give you one. I have one that is domey, that I love. The flat topped ones, I just can't get my fingers to sit comfortably in them.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,989 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Fairbanks.1023 View Post
So I'm curious to know how you have enough information on every aspect of my game to know so confidently that it HAS to be my grip? I have the ability to throw a Judge 300' pin straight, I just don't like the way it feels.
I'll concede that it definitely could be, but the mold of the putter could very well also be the issue. For context, I have arthritis in every joint from my fingers to my shoulder on top of tendonitis in my elbow. The way a disc sits in my hands is just as important as how I'm holding it.
from the information you have given

wiz deputy judge whatever all players who are good can adjust and adapt their grip to the given dome and profile and bead vs no bead

you said its "probably a mental thing" and your right so adjust your mental mechanics or your grip mechanics cuz a judge is just fine and fairly neutral in flight and in profile

in other words ITS YOU ITS NOT THE DISC

also you ever try to put together a puzzle and later realize you are missing a piece this is how this feels right now

Old 11-01-2019, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

good players can adjust and adapt to the disc

even domey vs flat of the same mold

paul macbeth could whoop on me with a pizza cuz he can adjust and adapt to the feel and profile

if i gave every player in open or even advanced division they could likely replace their driving putter with the judge and it wouldnt drastically effect their score

Niced: (2)
Old 11-01-2019, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
judge is just fine and i could throw the judge for every drive and even putt and still score about the same on every course i play

i just prefer the ion

Old 11-02-2019, 07:38 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 499 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
paul macbeth could whoop on me with a pizza
Eventually every thread drifts into a pizza discussion.

[

Niced: (3)
Old 11-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 795 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
good players can adjust and adapt to the disc

Even Domey vs flat of the same mold. Me: this is true for the most part, except in the case of a disc that varies so much with the dome and how it flies.

Paul MacBeth could whoop on me with a pizza cause he can adjust and adapt to the feel and profile. Me: have you seen his latest how it flies from Paul McBeth going to Walmarts and Gas Stations throwing round items that are not discs as if they were? I think Paul could beat you just on that basis of training.

if I gave every player in open or even advanced division they could likely replace their driving putter with the judge and it wouldnt drastically effect their score.
Not 100% true, unless Dynamic Discs makes a really soft Judge putter for James Conrad or could find a worn out Soft Judge for him, he would be lost with driving putters as he likes very soft worn in putters for his driving slot.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 271 Times in 83 Posts

I'm sure he'd figure out how to make a classic soft Judge work just fine.