Old 11-03-2019, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
The ESP would definitely be the one that will be the most workable and easy to beat in. The anax is also a great disc that would fit into that slot as well. The only reason I bring it up is bc the ESP predator has been discontinued.
I have a ANAX and sometime a VULTURE in the spot between my flat PREDATOR and my UNDERTAKER today.

But it would be easier to just have the Undertakers and Predators cover the fairway duties
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-04-2019, 12:31 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Pretty much. Haven’t tried an anax yet, but I gotta say between beefy vultures and less stable preds I don’t see why you’d need to.

I’ve got a nice domey and glidey 169g esp pred that is still stable but gets great distance. Then a board flat 175g Z pred that is super beefy and acts like a hellfire almost. Lots of variance between the plastics.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Made an order for a 167g ESP Pred (asked for a domy one) and a 174g Z Undertaker. .

But going to leave a range of ANAX an Vultures in my bag to compare them to. . could be fun to compare a beaten in ESP Pred to a ANAX and a beefy Undertaker vs Vulture

Niced: (1)
Old 11-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Made an order for a 167g ESP Pred (asked for a domy one) and a 174g Z Undertaker. .

But going to leave a range of ANAX an Vultures in my bag to compare them to. . could be fun to compare a beaten in ESP Pred to a ANAX and a beefy Undertaker vs Vulture
Let us know your findings. My whole bag is pretty much figured out except the fairways you are talking about. Plus in Canada ordering a new Anax is $30. Or I get a predator for $12...
Old 11-04-2019, 12:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,144 Times in 576 Posts

The vulture would fill a spot in that kind of lineup as your 'beat predator'. A first run undertaker will kind of fill the role also, but they aren't quite as long as a beat predator and aren't really easy to get a hold of (I've got a small stack but don't even use them much)

Z plastic takes forever to wear in, and even longer in a mold like a predator where you don't throw it a lot, they are almost indestructible. I feel incredibly lucky that I've been able to hold on to my favorite predator for so long.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

If it’s one thing that discraft is not lacking it’s stable to OS 8-10speed discs...and I like them all, but “can’t” bag them all

-Undertaker is “the slower one” , feels nice and flies straight and can cover stable to US
-Vulture has a very controllable straight flight with a reliable fade...and you can get them from the US FR to a OS CryZtal
-Raptor feels like a Vulture but is just a bit more stable
-Anax don’t have that nice hand feel that the others have..but it sure flies nice, more fade and glide than the Vultures.
-Predator feels kind of odd in the hand but it works for me..the flat ones are VERY OS

Never tried the Machete

Lots of options to bag...SO many options
Old 11-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,063 Times in 685 Posts

I know what the pun title of the thread is doing, but my reaction when I read it while very tired last night was, "don't catch a Predator! That rim is pretty sharp, you would break your fingers!"

Not really a Discraft thrower, but the Raptor feels a lot better than the Pred for me.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 791 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If it’s one thing that discraft is not lacking it’s stable to OS 8-10speed discs...and I like them all, but “can’t” bag them all

-Undertaker is “the slower one” , feels nice and flies straight and can cover stable to US
-Vulture has a very controllable straight flight with a reliable fade...and you can get them from the US FR to a OS CryZtal
-Raptor feels like a Vulture but is just a bit more stable
-Anax don’t have that nice hand feel that the others have..but it sure flies nice, more fade and glide than the Vultures.
-Predator feels kind of odd in the hand but it works for me..the flat ones are VERY OS

Never tried the Machete

Lots of options to bag...SO many options
Yep but OS speed 6-7 is a lost market for Discraft, most likely due to how few players who joined Discraft do not use a speed 6-7 fairway disc anyhow that is slightly OS to OS. The XL was the 7 speed OS disc in Z until last year, when I had to move to a straighter Stalker to replace my finally worn out flippy Elite Z XL. The Stalker is better for most shots except the high winds I liked the XL for due to how the disc faded and dropped at the end of flight.

Discraft is not lacking in Nutral to US almost midrange like fairway discs.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-04-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,728 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Not really a Discraft thrower, but the Raptor feels a lot better than the Pred for me.
The Raptor rim isn't cluttered with all that crosshatching and embossing. Significant difference for sure.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
The Raptor rim isn't cluttered with all that crosshatching and embossing. Significant difference for sure.
Sure, but in the Predator you can choose to have your finger on/off the crosshatching. . .the Raptor dont give you that choice.

i like the crosshatching for FH but have my fingers in a smooth place for BH

But the outside of the rim feel nice on the Raptor ( and Vulture ) . . both the Pred and the Anax has quite a sharp outer rim.