Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-14-2019, 12:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts

This one from Smith's channel where they are doing indoor trick shots...

Old 11-14-2019, 06:26 AM

Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts

In the first video it's really noticeable the difference in energy between the disc golfers and the successful Youtuber.

I suspect that quiet introspection is part of what ensures they have a good mental game and the focus to place well in big tournaments.

Brodie's energy is what makes his Youtubing so successful (also, I'm sure his hours of throwing ultrastars for tricks).

However, the contrast between them is really jarring and made me feel uncomfortable watching.

Niced: (3)
Old 11-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 633 Times in 281 Posts

If Brodie got any more bro he’d be in danger of a full bro meltdown, bro.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 984 Times in 579 Posts

Brodie looked and acted really strange in the first one, it was like someone won a chance to play with Paul and Simon. Now...on the trick shot video, the difference was night and day, he was much more in his element. Both vids were recorded almost a year ago, wonder why it took so long for them to be published.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:30 AM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 26.5
Courses Played: 139
Niced 1,004 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Brodie looked and acted really strange in the first one, it was like someone won a chance to play with Paul and Simon. Now...on the trick shot video, the difference was the video was edited and his poor shots weren't shown.
FTFY

Old 11-14-2019, 10:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,831 Times in 1,581 Posts

I understand the videos are linked and all that, but the video Jomez put out seems like it would have been a better fit on Brodie's channel and vice versa, if the point was the cross promote the two outlets/sports/personalities. I watched the Jomez video and it felt like watching Paul and Simon play with a newb and showing him (and the audience) the ropes. Hardly compelling or entertaining for a Jomez audience that, presumably, knows all about the game already, but probably perfect for Brodie's 2+ million subscribers who may not all know or play disc golf. By the same token, putting the trick shot video on Jomez's feed would be something a bit different as we watch two of our sports biggest names do something other than throw big drives and make big putts.

Basically, I watched the video on Jomez mostly because I'm subscribed and it came up on my feed last night. I was a bit bored by it because I don't know much about nor care much about Brodie Smith, and watching him hack his way through those holes wasn't all that entertaining (the "bro" stuff didn't work for me either). What I was interested in seeing, and finally did on their last hole, was them breaking out the ultimate discs since that's supposed to be Brodie's fortι. Then Paul and Simon out-did him with those as well. Didn't leave me with a great impression of the guy and I skipped out of going to the presumably well-edited trick shot video. Had the videos been reversed and the trick shot video appeared in my subscription feed, I probably would have watched it and followed through to the disc golf video afterward.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 257 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
If Brodie got any more bro he’d be in danger of a full bro meltdown, bro.
I totally respect his talents, and I know he's trying to make entertaining YouTube content, but I can't watch him on video because of that.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 62 Times in 33 Posts

These kind of feel like they were filmed around the time of Paul's building the bag videos. Weren't those in Texas as well?

I thought both videos were fun. I don't mind BROdie. Though I thought Simon's recent ace run vlog at Maple Hill was a better display of frisbee throwing skill.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:23 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 53 Times in 24 Posts

I don't get why Paul and Simon didn't hook him up with a putter and at least a fairway driver before they started. I'd guess with an hour or two of instruction Brodie would be a 900 rated player out of the gate with his background but I could be wrong.