Old 10-20-2019, 10:04 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 786 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTuffskins View Post
Some wide rimmed drivers need more finesse than you'd think. UnLace comes to mind, Sorcerer for sure. Full gorilla rip and they flip; take a little off and hit the hyzer angle just right and you have something special. Bolt is another.
I feel the same way about some of the Innova Wide rim drivers, Wahoo comes to mind. Having thrown my brothers Wahoo one time several throws the mold takes a type of drive the way a Dragon does but with more 12 speed disc power while having to curtail the letting disc get ripped from the hand rather then release he hand not the way most really OS disc or High speed 11-12 discs on up are used getting ripped from the hand. Otherwise the disc turns to the right if you try to rip it from the hand rather then release the disc. Odd in that respect but other then that the Wahoo flies like a faster Valkyrie that needs a bit higher line to throw the mold then Valkyrie, can't do the 3-4 feet above the ground long throw the way a Valkyrie can.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-21-2019, 05:14 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 413
Niced 97 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I feel the same way about some of the Innova Wide rim drivers, Wahoo comes to mind. Having thrown my brothers Wahoo one time several throws the mold takes a type of drive the way a Dragon does but with more 12 speed disc power while having to curtail the letting disc get ripped from the hand rather then release he hand not the way most really OS disc or High speed 11-12 discs on up are used getting ripped from the hand. Otherwise the disc turns to the right if you try to rip it from the hand rather then release the disc. Odd in that respect but other then that the Wahoo flies like a faster Valkyrie that needs a bit higher line to throw the mold then Valkyrie, can't do the 3-4 feet above the ground long throw the way a Valkyrie can.
I think I might agree with you Casey. But I also might not. I'm not sure. But isn't a Wahoo the same numbers flightwise as a tern which is very similar to a shryke? I love me a tern. I have a G star shryke but I haven't thrown it much. More for snow rounds for me. But Wahoos and dragons are junk. Straight garbage for me. I hate that plastic.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:43 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 786 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I think I might agree with you Casey. But I also might not. I'm not sure. But isn't a Wahoo the same numbers flight wise as a tern which is very similar to a Shryke? I love a tern. I have a G Star Shryke but I haven't thrown it much. More for snow rounds for me. But Wahoos and Dragons are junk. Straight garbage for me. I hate that plastic.
Dragons are a good disc if one knows when to use it. It is just that the modern lightweight DX is now R style, so it is not that great if they are still insisting the plastic is DX and not R-Pro on a lightweight scale because then it is an okay lightweight plastic for R-Pro. In fact to me it feels wrong to call the modern lightweight DX plastic a DX at all now, more like the old stiff type R-Pro but made lightweight. The Dragon just takes the right type of throw to work, not too much or they end up flying to the right bad and also is not a bad flyer just like a Valkyrie in flight and can't fight the wind at all unlike some Star nearly flat top Valkyrie that can fight some winds up to 20 -25 mph. The R-pro for the Wahoo is the stiff stuff that the putters should be made in more like an how old R-Pro putter feels, it is stiff like the modern Pro for drivers if made in the normal not floppy plastic. The current R-Pro for putters is wildly inconstant. The Whaoo is an odd disc since the power needs to be just right due partially to the plastic making the disc a tad off from other similar Innova discs in flight numbers including the Valkyrie, Beast, and Archon type disc that are also a -2, 2 in the turn and fade of the disc. Close to a Shrike but not due to the plastic helping the disc be a tad US then a Valkyrie, Beast, and Archon type discs.

Anyhow sorry everyone for the thread drift by me.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 454 Times in 279 Posts

I'm curious how the Nikko signing will effect the eventual Westside OOP cuts. I saw that he is considering putting with Crowns, which should keep that mold safe (thankfully, since that's my putting putter). The other Westside molds I throw are either mid-level stability or flippy, so unfortunately I don't think he will bag any of them.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 263 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I'm curious how the Nikko signing will effect the eventual Westside OOP cuts. I saw that he is considering putting with Crowns, which should keep that mold safe (thankfully, since that's my putting putter). The other Westside molds I throw are either mid-level stability or flippy, so unfortunately I don't think he will bag any of them.
I hate how they have chose to do these announcements. I’ve been wanting to try several west side molds but won’t buy any because I have no idea what they’re going to OOP
Old 11-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,062 Times in 685 Posts

The ones I was worried about, just bought a few to be safe. If I have to replace the Warhorse or Bard I could. Stag and Swan would be harder.

Don’t think the former two are in much danger though, Warhorse seems to sell a bit and a couple of pros bag a Bard.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 454 Times in 279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
The ones I was worried about, just bought a few to be safe. If I have to replace the Warhorse or Bard I could. Stag and Swan would be harder.

Don’t think the former two are in much danger though, Warhorse seems to sell a bit and a couple of pros bag a Bard.
Stag has become my most thrown mold. I really have been relying on stretching them out a lot lately in situations I would normally throw a faster more stable disc. They go so far when thrown clean with just a touch of hyzer. Thanks again for suggesting them!

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2019, 10:10 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,062 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Stag has become my most thrown mold. I really have been relying on stretching them out a lot lately in situations I would normally throw a faster more stable disc. They go so far when thrown clean with just a touch of hyzer. Thanks again for suggesting them!
They really do boom, I’d recommend them to anyone who throws less than 425 max. I can make them go as far as almost anything.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:32 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 61 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
They really do boom, I’d recommend them to anyone who throws less than 425 max. I can make them go as far as almost anything.
Can you compare it to a CD2 or Undertaker? Looks like similar flight numbers.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 270 Times in 174 Posts

Just when you thought certain Westside molds would be slated for axing, I watched Paige Shue on the live feed today, and she is interested in throwing more Westside. The Seer caught her attention, which seemed dead in the water to me. With Nico also on board, who knows what is gonna happen with this slightly orphaned but much beloved brand.