Old 08-28-2018, 01:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,352 Times in 1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
Side note regarding video coverage: It was cute/funny at first, but the AJ and gang drone dances or whatever are past their prime.
But how else is Oakley going to get on Jomez coverage?
Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 137
Niced 249 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.chainslove View Post
That Reid Frescura CSI Miami graphic was fun and I think they need to throw more of that kind of stuff in (sure they will!).
Was watching late at night and woke up one of the kids because I was laughing so hard at that part. Wonder who thought of that?

Niced: (1)
Old 08-29-2018, 12:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 107
Niced 361 Times in 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I gotta admit that after a few videos where it was Nate and somebody else, and then now hearing him and Jerm again, while they do have some good banter too, it just reminded me that Jerm is not always my favorite to listen to.
Oddly, I felt exactly the opposite. I really enjoyed having them together again. Not putting down any of the other combinations, either.

As far as the drone flyovers go... I like them for every round... even though I usually watch every round. I can definitely see both sides of this argument, too, though.

We're all different and there will probably never be a team of announcers or coverage that pleases everyone. But I'm really happy with what Jomez, CCDG, and several of the other teams are doing.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 87 Times in 58 Posts

Maybe it's just me but the CCDG announcing crew's voices are just grating. No one is perfect and there are pros and cons to both JP and CCDG. In my mind, JP comes out on top. I really like their graphics that tell the length of the hole while the hole is being played. Helps me play along with them in my mind...lol.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 293 Times in 90 Posts

Think we'll get some Gregg Barsby commentary now? What would his "codename" be? (i.e. "Big"=Jeremy, "Sexy"=Nate, etc)
Old 09-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 68
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake833 View Post
Think we'll get some Gregg Barsby commentary now? What would his "codename" be? (i.e. "Big"=Jeremy, "Sexy"=Nate, etc)
Probably would depend on who he is commentating with. I'd venture to suggest "Metal" for his musical preferences and the amount of metal he draws on his putts.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 135
Niced 69 Times in 33 Posts

The Jomez output was amazing and much appreciated. They quality of the footage, editing, features and photography is astonishing.

I kept myself in the dark so I could watch each round on the TV as if it were live. Thus, I sure wish Big Jerm had not revealed the winner of FPO at the end of the MPO finals video!
Old 09-11-2018, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 271 Times in 175 Posts

Jomez is professional level production from top to bottom. My wife will even watch a hole or two with me, which is saying a lot.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 106
Niced 228 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachd View Post
The Jomez output was amazing and much appreciated. They quality of the footage, editing, features and photography is astonishing.

I kept myself in the dark so I could watch each round on the TV as if it were live. Thus, I sure wish Big Jerm had not revealed the winner of FPO at the end of the MPO finals video!
Lucky for me, I watched the FPO vids first. Amazing work Jomez thank you for covering the FPO lead cards!! I loved watching them (without knowing the outcome). [the fpo winner] played awesome and really deserves the win!

The Mens card was great to watch as well.

One thing that is hard to capture, all of the players behind the lead card. It's hard to get a sense of what is happening there. Not sure what the best answer is to try and help this, but you end up watching multiple rounds with most of the same players it makes it seem like it's a smaller tournament that it actually is. It's probably just a matter of resources ($) to get more coverage, but I wonder if there is a more creative solution..

Old 09-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 117 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Lucky for me, I watched the FPO vids first. Amazing work Jomez thank you for covering the FPO lead cards!! I loved watching them (without knowing the outcome). [the fpo winner] played awesome and really deserves the win!

The Mens card was great to watch as well.

One thing that is hard to capture, all of the players behind the lead card. It's hard to get a sense of what is happening there. Not sure what the best answer is to try and help this, but you end up watching multiple rounds with most of the same players it makes it seem like it's a smaller tournament that it actually is. It's probably just a matter of resources ($) to get more coverage, but I wonder if there is a more creative solution..
Kind of in a similar vein, I love the coverage, but I think it could be even better with maybe a little more B roll. When a great shot happens, show me some player or crows reactions. Let the shots linger. Let me soak in the consequences of what’s happening.

On hole 18 the final round, Gregg’s drive just barely stays in bounds and it’s essentially the clinching shot. The crowd erupts, but before we even get a chance to soak it in, we’ve already moved on to Josh’s shot. Talk about mood whiplash.

There are actually a couple examples of Jomez doing this well (last year’s clinching shot at the USDGC on 17). It would help give it a more in the moment feel instead of a dvd commentary feel.