Old 10-31-2018, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 802 Times in 558 Posts

Hey everyone is welcome, I tried a search for Canada and only found a few travel trips I thought about necro bumping.... We are up here somewhere.. Met Wolfie this year on Cortes.

Molson Canadian is also a decent beer up here actually it's the usual generic but they have excellent ads involving the catch phrase "I am Canadian" ... if you find some down there it's the best beer to mix with clamato other than that nothing special.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2018, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pASE_TgeVg8

Here's one of their classic I am Canadian ads...
Old 10-31-2018, 04:25 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 233
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 6 Posts

Ive disc golfed over 20 courses in BC, and always am looking to play more. Pender is on my bucket list but I seem to always miss out on their big tournaments. Hope to get there sooner than later. Love my neighbors in the great white north.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 121 Times in 33 Posts

PEI is hosting Canadian Nationals again in 2019. If you're on the fence, it was a ton of fun last year and will only be better this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rgk...keyrELk09d-_9o

Niced: (2)
Old 11-03-2018, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Stengele View Post
Ive disc golfed over 20 courses in BC, and always am looking to play more. Pender is on my bucket list but I seem to always miss out on their big tournaments. Hope to get there sooner than later. Love my neighbors in the great white north.
The tournament here is the last weekend of May I think it's Presidents day anyhow your long weekend.... Our long weekend is before it but there's some cool American dudes that have been coming for decades 30yrs anyhow apparently that's why we do it then or so legend has it...

Check it out you can play Thursday thru Friday at the main course. Saturday is ball golf course doubles it's a good time, I also invite friends up for doubles on the Sunday it's become the Margarita Open a cool low payout round bring the fun back!
Old 11-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
The tournament here is the last weekend of May I think it's Presidents day anyhow your long weekend.... Our long weekend is before it but there's some cool American dudes that have been coming for decades 30yrs anyhow apparently that's why we do it then or so legend has it...

Check it out you can play Thursday thru Friday at the main course. Saturday is ball golf course doubles it's a good time, I also invite friends up for doubles on the Sunday it's become the Margarita Open a cool low payout round bring the fun back!
The pender bender is pretty legendary around here. Played for my second time this year, will definitely go back. Although each year me and my buddies missed out on the ball golf course, always fills up so fast! I gotta get over there on Thursday next time around..
Old 11-03-2018, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
The pender bender is pretty legendary around here. Played for my second time this year, will definitely go back. Although each year me and my buddies missed out on the ball golf course, always fills up so fast! I gotta get over there on Thursday next time around..
Do it... yeah you can play the Pender tournament any two days in a row latest start is 9 or 10 Saturday. I always say I'm not going to play the tournament here and just play the ball golf one.. But I never do. And it's hot! And it's a long course and I don't push big distance. I like the pre tourney round we usually get there, also end up playing lots with people dropping by to play here. I get tired

Were you at my place this year for doubles? I'm Mike if that helps haha.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Do it... yeah you can play the Pender tournament any two days in a row latest start is 9 or 10 Saturday. I always say I'm not going to play the tournament here and just play the ball golf one.. But I never do. And it's hot! And it's a long course and I don't push big distance. I like the pre tourney round we usually get there, also end up playing lots with people dropping by to play here. I get tired

Were you at my place this year for doubles? I'm Mike if that helps haha.
The first year I was new to the game, so I played novice fri-sat rounds and left Sunday. This year I went up to intermediate but didn’t play my best (I blame early drinking on that...) sat-sun.

Played evening doubles with my buddy at the regular course and got 2nd. Don’t think I made it out to your place.

I agree though it’s scorching hot, usually drinking throughout the day, and playing extra rounds in between. It all adds up.

I wasn’t aware of any other private courses on pender. I know saltspring has tons but I don’t know enough people around there.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
I wasn’t aware of any other private courses on pender. I know saltspring has tons but I don’t know enough people around there.
Actually there's a surprising number lots of which I haven't played I can think of six.. Only played 4 unless you count Claude's Partwoozi then it's 5 for seven

My place is a word of mouth tournament for insurance purposes I have never advertised it but we have 75+ people here gotta shoot sixteen under at least haha but it's for fun, that's what we want in the sport. Lots of short holes and Ace runs, it's been a piss up in the past. You do well with a Comet up here.

It's kind of cool I set it up in a figure eight on fourteen acres. Four starting points to deal with the traffic, people complained about breaking the nines in half at first but it is ideal. Especially if friends are up here I can jump in or out depending on commitments etc.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Johnny Mac Memorial tournament November 24 at Q.E park 11am Random Doubles Vancouver BC