Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Disc golf cart opinions
I use them whenever possible 44 36.07%
I might use one sometimes 31 25.41%
I refuse them on general principle 16 13.11%
I don't care one way or the other 31 25.41%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 143
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 52 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
In the motorized cart category, I've used them a few times (and ATVs, too), and am not a big fan. Partly because I don't drive far enough to really need a ride to my disc. It's even worse with upshots---to throw a shorter shot, then get in the cart and drive to it....especially with a shared cart.

If my drives went 500', I might feel different.

But.....

I always thought this would be the best potential use of carts---to design a course using the best possible 18 holes on a property, without any considering of how long the transitions might be, or compromises in the design to manage them.
Several of my friends with private courses have motorized golf carts. It comes in handy after we spend the morning having work day activities and then play mob golf in the afternoon. Nearly everyone walks the course but most bags are carried by the carts. It is nice when a mob rounds takes 4 hours to not have to carry my bag and all the beverages I need for 4 hours in the heat.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 78 Times in 56 Posts

I'd use the hell out of some carts.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
I'd use the hell out of some carts.
They're fantastic. I really enjoy the rare chances I get to play disc golf on ball golf courses. The carts are awesome, and you can encapsulate the cart in a rain fly if it's cold/windy/raining.

Plus you can load them up with food, beer, music, cigars, extra discs and a buddy.

My favorite way to play IMO.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 78 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
They're fantastic. I really enjoy the rare chances I get to play disc golf on ball golf courses. The carts are awesome, and you can encapsulate the cart in a rain fly if it's cold/windy/raining.

Plus you can load them up with food, beer, music, cigars, extra discs and a buddy.

My favorite way to play IMO.
I played a lot of stick golf in my teens. We used to do some light off-roading and donuts on the back 9 away from the clubhouse at one public course. One time my buddy and I tipped one going pretty fast. The roof smashed his arm pretty good and the battery moved around enough for a small fire to start under the seat. We were able to put it out with my injured buddies shirt. I mean, my polo was brand new. Good Times.