Old 06-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 144
Niced 277 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
The short answer is yes, it is an obstacle to traffic when you get knocked out of the top 25 for no good reason. I'm surprised he hasn't RIPed his course and washed his hands of DGCR.
I know I would.
I'm guessing because RIPing the course would be an even greater obstacle to traffic...?
At least one course owner in my immediate area has made sure his course will never show up on DGCR at all - explicitly because he does not want traffic (it would be top 25, maybe top 10 once he finishes all the earth moving to add artificial elevation - he added a pond and 600 foot long 30 foot high berm wrapping around it this winter).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 05:15 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 31
Niced 339 Times in 126 Posts

I shudder to think what would happen if the OP ever discovers Yelp.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-05-2019, 08:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.5
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,428 Times in 478 Posts

I play courses if I'm in the area. Been posting here for years. And I have no idea what the top 25 courses are and have never bothered to look.

-shrug-

Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 116
Niced 212 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I play courses if I'm in the area. Been posting here for years. And I have no idea what the top 25 courses are and have never bothered to look.

-shrug-
Believe me, you haven't missed anything.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
How can this site have any credibility when any poster can come on here and trash it's credibility without trying to fix the problem? It's way beyond bogus.

BTW, this has lowered this site's credibility on my credibility rating so that it is no longer on my list of the 25 most credible sites. Is nothing sacrosanct anymore?
If that's your weak attempt at being funny, at least come up with you own material.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 362 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post

-shrug-
Pretty much the same here. I come straight to the forums and bypass the main page most days.

If I've got a trip coming up, I'll search a general radius around the city I'm visiting and just pick and choose the best 3 to 4 courses or a few that make sense logistically.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 1341
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 611 Times in 237 Posts

I've never really paid any attention to the top 25/100 until AFTER I've played the courses. I have found that I play them by default (seeking out the highest rated in an area, or going by word of mouth). Then I find it somewhat entertaining to scroll through the top 100 and see what ones I have played, and then possibly make note of those that I haven't for the next time around. DGCR is my bible, but not the top lists, just the ratings in general. Anything over 3.5 will be on my radar when passing through an area, anything over 4 will be a must play.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:00 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 518
Niced 687 Times in 244 Posts

When I travel to an area, I use DGCR to find the highest rated courses in THAT state. Then I try to play the highest rated courses closest to my destination. After playing lots of "highest rated" courses in 49 states, I am left scratching my head. It seems many reviewers give glowing reviews of some private courses because they want to help the friendly owner and gloss over the crappy disc golf.

I wanted to play the top ten rated courses in an "Anonymous Western State" and ended up playing THE WORST COURSE EVER! There are just no words to describe how disc-appointed I was. To be fair, it wasn't one of the top 5 in the state, but I always see this course mentioned when players ask about playing in "the area". However, the course and the actual disc golf were sooo bad, it removed Shawshank from my list of "most overrated course ever!" In fact, this course makes Shawshank seem as glamorous as the French Riviera. At least Shawshank had amazing tee signs, actual fairways and a beautifully landscaped property.

I want to apologize to Shawshank for my previous hatred - you have been officially pardoned.

FYI, Black Falls still shows up as the second highest rated course in Vermont, behind Brewster Ridge, which is still in the DGCR Top 25. This seems reasonable to me. If that one review was removed, would Black Falls make the Top 25 again? Would Black Falls surpass Brewster Ridge as the top rated course in the state?

Niced: (2)
Old 06-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post

I wanted to play the top ten rated courses in an "Anonymous Western State" and ended up playing THE WORST COURSE EVER! There are just no words to describe how disc-appointed I was. To be fair, it wasn't one of the top 5 in the state, but I always see this course mentioned when players ask about playing in "the area". However, the course and the actual disc golf were sooo bad, it removed Shawshank from my list of "most overrated course ever!" In fact, this course makes Shawshank seem as glamorous as the French Riviera. At least Shawshank had amazing tee signs, actual fairways and a beautifully landscaped property.

I want to apologize to Shawshank for my previous hatred - you have been officially pardoned.
Wow ! Authentic humor does still exist on DGCR...Humor me some more.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:05 PM

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 210
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
FYI, Black Falls still shows up as the second highest rated course in Vermont, behind Brewster Ridge, which is still in the DGCR Top 25. This seems reasonable to me. If that one review was removed, would Black Falls make the Top 25 again? Would Black Falls surpass Brewster Ridge as the top rated course in the state?
Without the one 1.5-disc review, Black Falls would be rated approximately 4.66 (135/29) and be No. 18 in the rankings.

Niced: (1)