Old 09-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Echo star boss...a must have. Like a star Destroyer"Plus"...if there is such a thing. best disc in the wind for maximum distance, but can fly str8 when other boss plastics fade from stability. I'm taking them ALL!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to NothinButChing

might have to pick one of these up ... soon
Old 09-23-2010, 01:36 AM

Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got a 175 eco valkyrie last week from discnation. Compared to my regular 170 star valkyrie it has a bigger dome and is slightly more stable. I attribute most of that to the weight and dome, and it still flies like a valk to me. Fwiw I also have a eco wraith and an eco mako, and a lot of other regular star discs. The eco's are all a little bit tackier and seem a bit less rigid than their regular counterparts. The local PIAS has a decent selection of eco's and you have to look closely because some have really pop top domes, but the normal ones are money in just about every mold. My $.02

Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 155
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins View Post
I've only thrown one Echo Star Valk, however, my findings were completely opposite than smarkquart's. I had a red domey 175g e*valk that was very very stable. The stability it had was close to that of a QOLF and it never flew far for me at all. Compared to my other Star Valks, it flew about 20-30' shorter and compared to my DX Valks about 40-50'.
I am wondering if maybe I got the freak of the batch then. I have a 172g orange fairly flat (at least considering the normal Star Valks I picked up at the same time). It might also be a case of self-fulfilling prophecy where my E Star Wraiths and Bosses are considerably less stable than their counterparts, especially after they have gotten beat in. I could have thrown the Valk with the thought that it was going to be less stable as well.

All I do remember is that I had about 20 to 30 throws on it before I decided that I would rather go with the normal Star Valks because they had better HSS stability.