Old 03-28-2019, 10:56 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

bought a First Run Z and a Austin Turner ESP Glo, both in 174g.
the First Run Z is straight to flippy for forehands, and the ESP Glo is mega overstable - almost firebird like.

was not prepared for a difference this big in plastics/runs. do you guys have similar experiences with FR Z & ESP Glo aswell?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-28-2019, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 512 Times in 378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztraz View Post
bought a First Run Z and a Austin Turner ESP Glo, both in 174g.
the First Run Z is straight to flippy for forehands, and the ESP Glo is mega overstable - almost firebird like.

was not prepared for a difference this big in plastics/runs. do you guys have similar experiences with FR Z & ESP Glo aswell?
From my research the first run Z's are flippy. Of all the Vultures I've used the Ti was the most workable with a slight turn in flight. ESP's are a toss up, I have 2 from the same run and one is exactly like the Ti and the other is noticeably higher in PLH and is more OS, I have another later Z that is fairly OS and a Big Z that is fairly OS. It all depends on plastic and run, but in general Z=OS, ESP= OS or slight flip, Ti=Slight flip but still stable. that's from my personal experience.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 342 Times in 255 Posts

So to those of you who throw Vultures, have any of you thrown McUndertakers and/or Raptors, and how do they compare? I've got a McUndertaker, but I find it flips too much for me, especialy on FHs, and I've heard that Ti is the most OS UT plastic, so I was curious if the Vulture would be a good pairing with it and a Raptor. I've got a McForce and McZone but really need something in between them as I used to lean heavily on a FB and a penned *ThB for my FH usage as speed 9ish rims feel the most comfortable to me FH.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:20 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 280 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
So to those of you who throw Vultures, have any of you thrown McUndertakers and/or Raptors, and how do they compare? I've got a McUndertaker, but I find it flips too much for me, especialy on FHs, and I've heard that Ti is the most OS UT plastic, so I was curious if the Vulture would be a good pairing with it and a Raptor. I've got a McForce and McZone but really need something in between them as I used to lean heavily on a FB and a penned *ThB for my FH usage as speed 9ish rims feel the most comfortable to me FH.
I havent tried a Raptor, and Ive only thrown first run Z and first run Big Z Vultures, but the Vultures Ive thrown dont have quite the turn resistance for forehands that a Thunderbird has- although they hold up better than the two Z Undertakers I have. The Vultures rim is a little narrower than the Thunderbird(but wider than an Undertaker), which Im finding seems to have quite a bit of influence on torque resistance.

I went through a big Discraft kick last summer just because Id never thrown or even seen much of their stuff. Ive about reached the conclusion that no other manufacturer quite matches that Thunderbird(or PD)/Firebird combo for forehands. You just might find yourself also coming full-circle...

A
Old 04-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 168 Times in 88 Posts

Put a dye on my esp vulture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190404_224957.jpg (131.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 49 Posts

I have really been loving the vulture, coming from a getaway, i had an idea what to expect though i know the vulture isn’t as overstable. Still though it seems to have the perfect stability for me. the signature glo esp are easily my favorites i have a stack of 5. My original one is beating in beautifully. actually helped me get in the circle of a 400ft hole which i can never seem to hit with a fairway driver, but sure enough, made the putt for birdie for the first time, dead straight flight with a slight fade. Ordered a couple crystal vultures from the 19 ledgestone fundraiser. can’t wait to test those out as they are the stiffer crystal i prefer
Old 04-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 26 Times in 15 Posts

I saw some Cryztal Vultures at my local shop. How do they fly? They surely felt nice.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 21 Times in 13 Posts

I bag 2 ESP and 1 Ti for more HS turn and I’m really loving them. Quickly becoming my favorite drivers. I also have a bigZ that I don’t know where it will fit in
Old 04-14-2019, 03:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico View Post
I saw some Cryztal Vultures at my local shop. How do they fly? They surely felt nice.
They fly a bit more overstable than a brand new sig esp. and yes the plastic feels amazing. Since my sig esp is starting to season I picked up about 4 of these cryztal ones, all clear, to keep as my os workhorse for headwinds and flex shots that will have a harder finish. The more I throw this mold the more I love it. Its the first speed 9 I have been able to to throw 400ft+ on a flick

Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Par Member

Niced 26 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
They fly a bit more overstable than a brand new sig esp. and yes the plastic feels amazing. Since my sig esp is starting to season I picked up about 4 of these cryztal ones, all clear, to keep as my os workhorse for headwinds and flex shots that will have a harder finish. The more I throw this mold the more I love it. Its the first speed 9 I have been able to to throw 400ft+ on a flick
I haven't thrown ESP Vulture, only Z and Big Z. I've understood that ESP is on the straighter side of the spectrum, so that would make Cryztal similar to Big Z, am I right?