Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 133 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
My Z SOL flies very very similar to a Mako for me. Less stable than my Truth, more stable than my Warrant.
My star mako3 flew very much like a beefier AR sol, so I tried swapping in the mako3 for slightly longer duties than I'd use the sol for, but I changed my mind again tonight after fooling around with my sols.

I only have the AR versions (all in the 167-173 weight) and the only shot I use it for is low height hyzer flip FH, and I love it in the 120-180 foot range now.

What I don't understand: I was throwing the same shot over and over (56 meters or 184 feet using a laser range finder on perfectly level ground) but right before finishing, it would either turn back over or it would fade. Same shot, flick hyzer, flip to flat, sail dead straight the same distance and then... MYSTERY ENDING!
Is it possible that a slight gust of wind is enough to change it? Like a slight headwind will cause it to turn over and a slight tailwind would cause it to fade? The numbers on turn and fade are -2/1.

On other discs that I regularly flip (such as the heat), I know that my 165 z-heat will always turn over at the end, whereas my heavy z-flx heat always fades at the end. But I am not getting that predictability with my sol...?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Par Member

Niced 55 Times in 26 Posts

I got a first run z Sol in my mystery box. My first impressions is I love the feel in my hand of this disc. I like to jump putt from 60+ with a us mid. And I have a buzzz ss for that but I like how gildey the Sol is. Another thing I wasn't expecting was how well I can forehand the Sol. It's the same speed as a zone idk why this is considered a mid while the zone is a putter. But I think I'm going to like this to compliment my zone. Idk how well it will do off the tee that has yet to be seen but for dead straight approaches it's found a spot in my bag for now. Also I do not agree with the -3 turn rating it has especially in z. I would give it more of a -1.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Another thing I wasn't expecting was how well I can forehand the Sol...Also I do not agree with the -3 turn rating it has especially in z. I would give it more of a -1.

I think the -3 is correct for the AR, because it's the easiest disc I have to turn over. But at the same time, it's a short range hyzer flip stud. It's my de-facto tunnel shot disc because it's so easy to flip with a low flick and go dead straight. I kind of hope to get one in my mystery box just to try it in z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 09:23 PM
Par Member

Just got done with my lastest round with the Sol. We played the most wooded course in our town. I'm loving this disc. I wanted to throw this disc on every hole. I had a nice anny forehand throw that I got up and down for par after a horrible tee shot.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 15 Posts

Am I really the first one to notice that the Sol is actually an OOP disc brought back to life? I know the Breeze was a stupid name, but I bagged the disc for years as a short turnover and fh approach disc. They may have re-tooled for the Sol, but I think that the Sol is the Breeze. Feels exactly the same.

Niced: (1)
Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM
Birdie Member

I think Breeze is a better name than sol. I get that they went with the sol/luna pairing but still. I still haven't tried an actual sol, because I have 4 AR ones, and it's my favorite disc

Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Par Member

I really hope they release the Sol in esp or x. Z plastic is fine but I really prefer esp for feel/grip.

Niced: (1)
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
I really hope they release the Sol in esp or x. Z plastic is fine but I really prefer esp for feel/grip.

That's why I keep using the AR version, it's like esp but maybe even softer, almost like esp flx

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 130
Niced 1,713 Times in 682 Posts

I think that maybe as I'm getting old as dirt the feeling in my fingers isn't like it was when I was younger since grip seems to be a total non-issue with me anymore. I can't really feel much difference from the Z Sol to the Ace Race disc unless the disc is wet, and that's what towels are for. Unless it is actively raining it's no big deal to me anymore. The Z turns easier at low speeds and is easier for me to finesse, so it kicked the ESP ones out of the bag. I really like the flight of the Z Sol a lot as a touch approach/short turnover drive disc.

What I was thinking was that I probably need to get some backups because unless I lose it the Z that I'm throwing is going to last forever and it's going to go OOP from low sales when people like me never buy another one.