Old 05-22-2019, 12:48 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Any truth to these eBay "Ti blend" Kongs?

Hey guys!

Had an unfortunate loss of my Kong in a creek this week, followed by it being found with bite marks in it (yikes). I was checking out eBay and noticed a few postings of these "Ti blend" Kongs out on the market selling for ~$40. My only honest gripe about the Kong has been the fact that the plastic beats in a little easier than star, and I was hoping to find it in a more durable plastic so it would be great if they were legit. Anyone think there's any truth to these posts?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Par Member

Niced 58 Times in 40 Posts

I know people have speculated on some Kong’s being Ti / ESP blend because of the way the plastic looks, but as far as I know it is only speculation a la “leftover plastic leaked into the new run for a couple of discs and made some legendary mixture never to be seen again”
Old 05-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 910 Times in 506 Posts

Those pearlescent Kong's look like pearly Proline (DGA's ESP), which I've understood to be a Ti/ESP blend.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 31
Niced 910 Times in 506 Posts

Old 05-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow that Kong is for sure pearlescent, I haven't seen any quite like that! Would be nice to have better confirmation on eBay about it other than the pictures. I'm a bit hesitant to throw down the cash when I'm still not quite sure if the description is accurate
Old 05-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 128 Times in 69 Posts

I've seen a couple that are pretty translucent (even without holding it up to the sun) with straight color-shift opalescent properties that I think were definitely not typical ESP. But they are few and far between and are typically ones I have seen for sale directly from Discraft team players, which I am more inclined to believe as they can hand pick some of the crazier stuff.

That being said, they very well could be ESP plastics that just didn't carry pigment the same way.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 68
Niced 177 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy77 View Post
Wow that Kong is for sure pearlescent, I haven't seen any quite like that! Would be nice to have better confirmation on eBay about it other than the pictures. I'm a bit hesitant to throw down the cash when I'm still not quite sure if the description is accurate
Was yours flat or domey? Make sure you check that before dropping 40$. Im not sure the "ti blend" are more resilient. Just a little different look. The dome seems like its determining the flight characteristics.

You may have to wait for the FR or Z release for a more sturdy plastic.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

sry wrong thread

Last edited by dontcallmeiceman; 05-23-2019 at 06:39 PM. Reason: wrong trhead

Old 05-23-2019, 11:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 6
Niced 398 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy77 View Post
Hey guys!

Had an unfortunate loss of my Kong in a creek this week, followed by it being found with bite marks in it (yikes). I was checking out eBay and noticed a few postings of these "Ti blend" Kongs out on the market selling for ~$40. My only honest gripe about the Kong has been the fact that the plastic beats in a little easier than star, and I was hoping to find it in a more durable plastic so it would be great if they were legit. Anyone think there's any truth to these posts?

Want my opinion? There isn't a disc made ever worth $40. Especially one you're going to throw. And you've already lost one......

Niced: (2)