#11  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Pbmercil Pbmercil is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,703
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.
This IS the same company that named a driver the "Crank" and sold the protos in a blue plastic with a breaking bad knock off stamp...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:18 PM
halfchub halfchub is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.
Troll much?

AppROACH=roach

You sound very intellectual though. Please critique other disc names since you seem to know the origins.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:21 PM
grotto's Avatar
grotto grotto is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.
Really?

Me thinks thou doest protest too much!

Given the ever increasing shooting incidences, one might think Innova's Colt is just as inappropriate. But then again, it's your love child so we'll all look away.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:29 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is online now
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 8,410
Niced 1,817 Times in 1,367 Posts
Default

I'm not trying to debate political points here (on the Crank or the Colt).

My point is that "roach" is a filthy, disease carrying insect that keeps the Raid company in business, and for a company to even consider naming a product after such repulsive filth shows why they're so far behind Innova in disc golf sales.

This isn't trolling; I'm pointing out a serious and huge mistake by Discraft. If they want to continue down this road of sheer stupidity and repulsive disc-naming... hey, it's a free country, go for it. But good grief, what stupidity.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Anon's Avatar
Anon Anon is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: fargo
Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,317
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'm not trying to debate political points here (on the Crank or the Colt).

My point is that "roach" is a filthy, disease carrying insect that keeps the Raid company in business, and for a company to even consider naming a product after such repulsive filth shows why they're so far behind Innova in disc golf sales.

This isn't trolling; I'm pointing out a serious and huge mistake by Discraft. If they want to continue down this road of sheer stupidity and repulsive disc-naming... hey, it's a free country, go for it. But good grief, what stupidity.
-------------------------------------
Translation
-------------------------------------
I'M LOOKING TO BE OUTRAGED BY TRIVIAL THINGS.

CARE TO ENGAGE IN A HEATED ONLINE DEBATE ABOUT IT?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Jimb's Avatar
Jimb Jimb is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV near Cumberland, MD
Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,675
Niced 309 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Wow! I think that I'll go hang out in the Christmas thread instead.

Oh, wait... There's a peeing match going on in it, too.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:40 PM
AndyJB's Avatar
AndyJB AndyJB is offline
Big Country
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Disc Golf Mecca: Colorado
Years Playing: 28.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,955
Niced 184 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
-------------------------------------
Translation
-------------------------------------
I'M LOOKING TO BE OUTRAGED BY TRIVIAL THINGS.

CARE TO ENGAGE IN A HEATED ONLINE DEBATE ABOUT IT?
No I do not.

But thanks for asking.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:40 PM
grotto's Avatar
grotto grotto is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
My point is that "roach" is a filthy, disease carrying insect that keeps the Raid company in business, .
And wasps, hornets and drones don't?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Anon's Avatar
Anon Anon is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: fargo
Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,317
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
No I do not.

But thanks for asking.
WOOSH.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 12-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Pbmercil Pbmercil is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,703
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
-------------------------------------
Translation
-------------------------------------
I'M LOOKING TO BE OUTRAGED BY TRIVIAL THINGS.

CARE TO ENGAGE IN A HEATED ONLINE DEBATE ABOUT IT?
I FIND THE TRIVIALITY OF YOUR OUTRAGE TO BE OUTRAGEOUS!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOD 12/27/17 - Windermere DGC in Roach, MO chevis Hole of the Day 16 12-29-2017 04:41 PM
Discraft Review - Jawbreaker Roach knektor Discs 4 08-23-2016 10:36 AM
To smoke, or not to smoke, that is the question techn9cian4life General Disc Golf Chat 118 11-02-2012 06:00 PM
2 BRAND NEW CHAINS AVIARS! and 1 used Chains Aviar! barstampbuzzz The Marketplace 3 06-09-2012 12:24 AM
2 BRAND NEW Chains Aviars! and 1 used Chains Aviar! barstampbuzzz The Marketplace 0 06-06-2012 11:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.