Old 01-29-2018, 04:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 494 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
New York Strip Midrange (5/3/0/4)

Garden Salad Control Driver (8/5/-3/1)

Chicken and Rice Distance Driver (11/5/-1/2)
hahaha - and a Gumputt putter would be like a SnackPack/Jello

I could go on but I won't ruin this thread any longer. It would be funny though
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 645 Times in 312 Posts

For those asking about plastic types, I've been throwing one of the swirly ESP machete's and found it to be the incredibly overstable disc I want it to be. It's an ugly gray/blue with a stupid looking machete guy, but the flight is awesome: hooks up hard, hooks up early, HUGE skips when thrown flat and low. The champion Firebirds I've had were less than FAF, and have been kicked out of the bag by the Machete. Currently pairing it with a Resistor, which I'm using for similar but shorter lines. For comparison, thrown at full power my Machete flies further than the Resistor. Between the two of them most of utility shots are covered. Probably thrown it about 75 times during rounds over the past few months, often in the woods, and have not seen much stability loss yet.

If it loses stability I've also got an unthrown first run Z and I'm currently another Z on the way. Sounds like they hook up hard, too, but I prefer the feel of ESP plastic. Very happy with the Machete and have used it to slice some strokes off my rounds.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-30-2018, 12:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
For those asking about plastic types, I've been throwing one of the swirly ESP machete's and found it to be the incredibly overstable disc I want it to be. It's an ugly gray/blue with a stupid looking machete guy, but the flight is awesome: hooks up hard, hooks up early, HUGE skips when thrown flat and low. The champion Firebirds I've had were less than FAF, and have been kicked out of the bag by the Machete. Currently pairing it with a Resistor, which I'm using for similar but shorter lines. For comparison, thrown at full power my Machete flies further than the Resistor. Between the two of them most of utility shots are covered. Probably thrown it about 75 times during rounds over the past few months, often in the woods, and have not seen much stability loss yet.

If it loses stability I've also got an unthrown first run Z and I'm currently another Z on the way. Sounds like they hook up hard, too, but I prefer the feel of ESP plastic. Very happy with the Machete and have used it to slice some strokes off my rounds.
awesome, good to hear. I have the exact disc you're describing, The Muscly armed paper boy machete guy is kinda lame but the stamp overall is cool for World Championship and the disc feels like a Pulse bottom with a flatter Crush top, and I really like the feel. The ESP is a little floppier than I wanted but that's ok. it definitely feels like its a speed 10 disc - the Firebird is a 9 so I feel its a little overlap - I will likely bag the resistor again to make the difference more significant from my fairway OS to my control driver OS.

Resistor Machete it is!

Last edited by ThomasOrion; 01-30-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 911 Times in 506 Posts

^^^ Yeah, I keep a can of acetone by the disc shelf.

Sounds like the stuff from the Ledgestone NukeOS and BuzzzOS runs then. I assumed it would be like the first batch of Swirl ESP Buzzzes. I wonder if stock ESP is running gummier this year as well...

Niced: (1)

Last edited by F. Howl; 01-30-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
^^^ Yeah, I keep a can of acetone by the disc shelf.

Sounds like the stuff from the Ledgestone NukeOS and BuzzzOS runs then. I assumed it would be like the first batch of Swirl ESP Buzzzes. I wonder if stock ESP is running gummier this year as well...
haha so do I. I got this 100% stuff and my wife uses it for her nails, but I keep it by my discs along with a roll of paper towel, some Q-tips and Cottonballs, haha. I acetone and modify stamps a bit, also it helps clean spots on the rim if you hit some junk and leaves that skid mark stain - acetone is just another item in my Disc Golf Life
Old 05-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 25 Posts

Just traderd a Luna for a Ti machete. And oh boy is this thing beefy. I was looking to replace my faf star firebird that I lost about a week ago. I used my FB for my os utility disc. When I want to go hard left or right, thumbers, big skip shots and forehand rollers. I feel like this disc can cover my needs after just two rounds with it. It's probably not going to be used a ton but when I need it I think I'll be very happy I have it. Oh and also this thing bombs thumbers. Big nice slow pan. Definitely my farthest thumber disc.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Niced 123 Times in 62 Posts

I’m really surprised that the Machete isn’t more heavily used by the Discraft pros. What am I missing? I guess they prefer the Nuke OS but the rim on that thing is out of my comfort zone.

To each their own but the Machete, to me, has the most comfortable grip of the over stable Discraft lineup.

Niced: (1)

Old 05-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
I’m really surprised that the Machete isn’t more heavily used by the Discraft pros. What am I missing? I guess they prefer the Nuke OS but the rim on that thing is out of my comfort zone.

To each their own but the Machete, to me, has the most comfortable grip of the over stable Discraft lineup.
The Discraft sponsored pros also like the Predator more too if that is still made as it is more like between a Thunderbird and Firebird in flight, as well as the OOP Flick for forehand dominate players. Since the Pro (Pro Tour) level player can get a 9 speed and 10 speed to fly as far as an 11 speed they see the Machete as a not so necessary disc since they have a 12 speed Force or a Punisher in the bag.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-11-2019 at 11:05 PM.