Old 04-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 132 Times in 73 Posts
Default Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker Focus

Just received from Discraft a Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker Focus that I ordered. All that was available was 167-172g weight. I would prefer 175, but just took my chances and was pleasantly surprised that I received a 172g disc. I just have a thing for putters and wanted to try this plastic. I haven't thrown it yet and not sure how long I will wait, it's so nice looking. I don't use putters as drivers, rather just as a in the circle putter. Just curious of others experience with this plastic in a Focus, is it really crazy tuff in durability? Just really digging the looks, hate to scar it up. I know, stupid, discs were made for throwing, right?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 912 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
Just received from Discraft a Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker Focus that I ordered. All that was available was 167-172g weight. I would prefer 175, but just took my chances and was pleasantly surprised that I received a 172g disc. I just have a thing for putters and wanted to try this plastic. I haven't thrown it yet and not sure how long I will wait, it's so nice looking. I don't use putters as drivers, rather just as a in the circle putter. Just curious of others experience with this plastic in a Focus, is it really crazy tuff in durability? Just really digging the looks, hate to scar it up. I know, stupid, discs were made for throwing, right?
If it is just CT plastic with the Jawbreaker look, it'll season just like McPro.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Par Member

Niced 123 Times in 62 Posts

I’ve been hoping someone would say something about this plastic. Can you describe the texture and stiffness? How does it feel, do you like it, how does it compare to the Luna Jawbreaker Rubber blend?… I have questions :-)
Old 04-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Birdie Member

It is really stiff, which I like. It actually feels alot like my Luna Jawbreaker, just maybe a tad more grip, and the flight plate is just a very little bit more soft It's totally smooth, no pebble finish. I'm really liking the feel of it and I know I won't be able to put off throwing it very long. I really like the Luna but it's just not very durable.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Par Member

Niced 123 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
I really like the Luna but it's just not very durable.
There’s probably a whole thread for this but...
Do you think the Luna is less durable than regular Jawbreaker?
Old 04-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Birdie Member

I haven't owned another disc in Jawbreaker so I can't voice an opinion.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 912 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
It is really stiff, which I like. It actually feels alot like my Luna Jawbreaker, just maybe a tad more grip, and the flight plate is just a very little bit more soft It's totally smooth, no pebble finish. I'm really liking the feel of it and I know I won't be able to put off throwing it very long. I really like the Luna but it's just not very durable.
Doesn't sound like normal CT then...

Old 04-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Birdie Member

Well, I had to do some putting with the new Focus. As far as durability, the most durable disc I have ever owned would be Vibram, and I can tell that the Crazy Tuff plastic isn't going to be quite as durable as the Vibram, but it appears that it is going to be pretty durable. The thing I have noticed right away is it's interaction with the chains. The plastic just seems to stop when it hits the chains. It gives the impression of being lighter than it actually is. My first impressions are quite positive. I think I am going to like it.