Old 03-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treekickluv View Post
i really think she could be one of the best in the sport. but not improving after such a wakeup call is not an athlete i will support.
You're saying like changing form is something you just go and do. Gotta remember that she plays the sport for a living and trying to change your form will certainly make you a worse player for an indefinite time. You probably have some natural talent and it's easy to judge. I'm saying everyone is capable of learning the proper form but some people especially kids and people with sports background need significantly less time learning it.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2020, 01:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.6
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,248 Times in 861 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Her Dad was the Worlds putting champ for 2 years back in the 90s, she has a good coach, so to me it makes it even more confusing why she couldn't/wouldn't fix her form.
She's young enough to come back from any set back a form change might create.

Her deciding to do this for a living has no bearing, that's her choice and not a necessary choice.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-J View Post
You're saying like changing form is something you just go and do. Gotta remember that she plays the sport for a living and trying to change your form will certainly make you a worse player for an indefinite time. You probably have some natural talent and it's easy to judge. I'm saying everyone is capable of learning the proper form but some people especially kids and people with sports background need significantly less time learning it.
im certainly not a talent in discgolf. i have changed my bh form many times in pursuit of effortless distance. however i have better than average awareness and control over my body.

catrina allen changed her form and got marginally worse 1 season. now she has a huge advantage.

an off season is well enough time to develop new muscle memory. its around 80 hours of repeating same movement for it to do it naturally.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:51 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treekickluv View Post
im certainly not a talent in discgolf. i have changed my bh form many times in pursuit of effortless distance. however i have better than average awareness and control over my body.

catrina allen changed her form and got marginally worse 1 season. now she has a huge advantage.

an off season is well enough time to develop new muscle memory. its around 80 hours of repeating same movement for it to do it naturally.
Yeah no offense man. It just seemed a little harsh thats all. I was in similar rating range as Rebecca is now and in my case the form change led to various injuries and total mental exhaustion. I almost quit the game because I was a shadow of what I used to be and playing was not fun. Hundreds of hours of work which led to nothing. But after a significant break things are getting much better now. I'm on the edge of break through right now but it was painful and hard. And Rebecca has been playing much longer than I have so I'd guess it could be even harder for her to unlearn the bad habits.

Yeah off season and 80 hours may not seem like much but the true beast is learning to know what to do for those 80 hours. You can easily end up injured and frustrated or progress big time. Thats very subjective. Everyone would be throwing 400+ if it was easy

Niced: (1)
Old 03-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,158 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Her Dad was the Worlds putting champ for 2 years back in the 90s, she has a good coach, so to me it makes it even more confusing why she couldn't/wouldn't fix her form.
She's young enough to come back from any set back a form change might create.

Her deciding to do this for a living has no bearing, that's her choice and not a necessary choice.
But to not have her coach/dad help with the form to be better so she is not throwing so off flat, I would have hip pain if I did such a thing.

Old 03-06-2020, 04:35 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-J View Post
Yeah no offense man. It just seemed a little harsh.. to various injuries and total mental exhaustion. I almost quit the game because I was a shadow of what I used to be and playing was not fun. Hundreds of hours of work which led to nothing. But after a significant break things are getting much better now. I'm on the edge of break through right now but it was painful and hard. And Rebecca has been playing much longer than I have so I'd guess it could be even harder for her to unlearn.
I know that feeling. Sucks when you cant really feel the improvement and you dont know how much is left before you actually get the benefits.. happy to hear you had a break thru! I tried competing with mental illness. The anxiety is the worst.