Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 03-09-2017, 03:46 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Nah. Closer to your wizard. A bit more hss and wind resistant. Not a rhyno imo. Might take some shots away from your buzzz and wizard and rhyno, though.

It's a shorter champ teebird or whatever. Solid hss, flies farther than you would expect and just holds the line until it fades.
It sounds like it's going to distributed my whole bag lol. Feels great but the true test is tomorrow if it works out I will have to try to figure out the overlap stuff too.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2017, 11:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 663 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlat View Post
Yes but mine are indentations there not to deep.
Mine have been rectangular protrusions that rubbed off...likely it's the same thing for you but they got ground off or something and left a small indent. The rims on their putters wear nicely to get smooth in my experience.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 109 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
It sounds like it's going to distributed my whole bag lol. Feels great but the true test is tomorrow if it works out I will have to try to figure out the overlap stuff too.
I throw Rhynos and Envys. I would not worry too much about these discs overlapping as the distance I get on Envys are quite a lot more than Rhynos. Although I throw the Rhyno so much, I rarely even consider powering down on my Envy except for forehand throws. But the Envy is probably going to bump up against the Buzzz for you, especially the 75% to 80% Buzzz throws if you use your Buzzz for that type of shot. That happens for me with my Roc3s. In all honesty, just having one Envy in the bag for that shot I just described is very useful, even if I don't use it very often. I would rather throw with equal power on all of my shots that I can and let the disc deal with the distance instead of me trying to finesse a faster disc.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by pjhayes7; 03-09-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Niced 33 Times in 27 Posts

so now a proton atom or 2 is in the stable, much more stable than the electron. i have had 6 ace runs (no aces) in the 3 rounds i have used it. so if an envy can take the place of the bard, ibex, and theory (maybe) i guess i am set.

then I can sell off everything else and get off the web looking for plastic.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 16
Niced 122 Times in 86 Posts

It will take some shots from them, not replace them. It has more fade and hss than an ibex, less than a bard and nowhere near understable like a theory, but it does fly straight for most of its flight when released flat and hard. Can fly an anny line to mimic understable, but yeah...

Old 03-10-2017, 09:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
I just bought a Plasma Envy tonight just wondering what are the rectangular indentations on the rim opposite of each other? Guessing it's where the rim is shot after the core is injected is this normal ?
Injection points for the overmold totally normal.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 19 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Injection points for the overmold totally normal.
Yeah, I've had a few discs where these were nippleish, so I just shaved them off flat with a razor.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Nah. Closer to your wizard. A bit more hss and wind resistant. Not a rhyno imo. Might take some shots away from your buzzz and wizard and rhyno, though.

It's a shorter champ teebird or whatever. Solid hss, flies farther than you would expect and just holds the line until it fades.
Went and field tested the Envy yesterday you were spot on. It basically was sitting right in between my Wizards and Z buzz. Definitely not as overstable as my CH Rhyno. I will be bagging it though to take the place of my driving Wizard only. I Can't see myself putting with it but haven't tried this out yet.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Niced 109 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Went and field tested the Envy yesterday you were spot on. It basically was sitting right in between my Wizards and Z buzz. Definitely not as overstable as my CH Rhyno. I will be bagging it though to take the place of my driving Wizard only. I Can't see myself putting with it but haven't tried this out yet.
Yet again, I throw the Envy instead of throwing my Wizards. I think a little longer, more HSS as said before about the Wizard, and also a slightly different feel, but will serve you very well for this type of shot. Not my favorite for putting, but a buddy of mine used one for quite a while. Stick with the Wizard for that I say.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 302 Times in 163 Posts

My soft Envy has weird ripples in the flightplate close to the overmold.

Like you can feel them when you run your finger over it.

My soft Proxy does not have them.