Old 03-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Which bag shift or fossa

Hey guy soo looking into a backpack this year. Kinda don't wanna spend a lot. Bag I been looking at is shift upd and fossa. Having a hard time pulling trigger on 124 for a bag. Been looking more into the shift do like the design. I don't care a lot and tend on not to
Sponsored Links

Last edited by westdisc91; 03-16-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 301 Times in 162 Posts

I thought I saw something on Fossa's Facebook about a $79 sale on their original backpack bag.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

The Fossa is $79.00 which is a great deal. I bought one a two years ago and it is fantastic. It starts out a little stiff making it a little difficult to get discs in and out at first but it breaks in nicely. No problems with it at all now.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 51 Times in 38 Posts

Shift is the best bag in DG.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 109 Times in 81 Posts

I think this is a matter of spend more get more. If you can afford the UPD, it is always better to invest a little more in a quality product. And although I don't have one myself, there are plenty of people on here that can sing the praises of UPD. Not saying Fossa is trash or anything like that, but UPD has a sterling reputation for quality and practicality.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks guys. So think I am going to go with the upd shift. I like the style and how it kinda makes disc golf more stylist. Plus I am not planing on carrying that many disc.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:49 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

UPD is an absolutely solid choice. I know them personally, and they definitely do their homework as far as comfort and quality; never a bad choice
Old 03-19-2017, 08:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 299 Times in 182 Posts

Have a Fossa Pro, decent bag but it's a little too short and squatty and as I'm tall, I can never seem to find just the right spot for it to sit comfortably. I'm always fidgeting with it.

Was real interested in the Shift, but that waist belt with the pockets was a deal breaker. Had a hiking backpack with those once and they drove me nuts, had to cut them off. Always irritated me when walking. Never seen a Shift other than pics, do those waist belt pockets come off?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Have a Fossa Pro, decent bag but it's a little too short and squatty and as I'm tall, I can never seem to find just the right spot for it to sit comfortably. I'm always fidgeting with it.

Was real interested in the Shift, but that waist belt with the pockets was a deal breaker. Had a hiking backpack with those once and they drove me nuts, had to cut them off. Always irritated me when walking. Never seen a Shift other than pics, do those waist belt pockets come off?
the pockets don't but the straps come off. i ditched the straps right away, but i find the pockets to be great for my wallet and keys and my cell phone.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:19 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 15 Times in 8 Posts

I ended up hating the Shift side pockets too. I took the straps that come with them and flipped them backwards and clipped the straps together beneath the bag. That way I still have the pockets for small items (though hard to get to) but they are out of the way. I also didn't like where the main carrying straps attached on those pockets, with the pockets out regular it kinda pulls them even more into your way as you put the bag on. I cut the main straps from the upper middle part of the pockets and resewed (with fishing line) them to the bottom seam of the pockets right against the back.