#321  
Old 04-27-2017, 06:47 PM
dwindacatcher's Avatar
dwindacatcher dwindacatcher is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Flint, Mi
Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 575
Niced 83 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I'm still wrestling with whether I want the Theory in or out. I have a plasma one that's a nice slightly understable, but it overlaps some with the Relay for me, and the Relay is really taking over a lot of shots in my bag at present.

But Aim's right. I've had at least one Theory that was pretty HSS. Even with some wear on it, it really didn't turn much, it reminded me a lot of the Axis. And it was one of the first 2 I bought, from those early runs that seemed to have the most indestructible version of Neutron I've seen.

I have to mash this Plasma to get a truly US mid line out of it (for me, mashing it = 275-300.) As you say, powering it down, it's more of a laser/line locker.
The relay is one of those disc I keep saying a need to try, but never do.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 04-27-2017, 09:25 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 161
Posts: 6,693
Niced 1,059 Times in 664 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
The relay is one of those disc I keep saying a need to try, but never do.
Relay is dope. I would bag em but I still have a respectable stack of inertia and insanity left.

The theory really works just as well. During any round if I lose my understable discs the theory could be the replacement.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 04-27-2017, 10:58 PM
ReneeMH ReneeMH is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 64
Niced 44 Times in 26 Posts
Default

mvp turnover lines:

0-300' Spin
300+ Axis
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 PM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 4,499
Niced 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
The relay is one of those disc I keep saying a need to try, but never do.
i bag one but it rarely gets flight time in a round. in the field i love the relay but its very picky on release angle as it will hold it. its a fantastic disc very very far for such a slow disc its worth a visit but work with it to dial it on once you do its amazing. for my lazy bones i just bag a crave and a theory is covering most of my under stable needs around here.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 04-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,540
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts
Default

The Relay is just a better Theory for me, for the most part. My meat hooks like the lil extra chunk to the rim. Also for flicks.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 04-28-2017, 12:01 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,714
Niced 611 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
The Relay is just a better Theory for me, for the most part. My meat hooks like the lil extra chunk to the rim. Also for flicks.
I don't get that. One is a fairway driver, and the other is barely a mid and more like a fast putter. 16mm vs 12mm.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 04-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,540
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I don't get that. One is a fairway driver, and the other is barely a mid and more like a fast putter. 16mm vs 12mm.
Which part? I guess what I'm saying is, the Relay does for me awesomely what I want the Theory to do, which it only does mediocre-ly. The relay is faster, but to me a bit more (and more reliably) US, even given that. It's just a better disc. For me.

The Relay also does it at the D I want the Theory too, and farther.

Shorter distances where presumably I'd "need" the Theory instead of the Relay, the Theory is no better, because it's basically a Proxy at those distances, and I like the Proxy better.

And the rim difference is what I was talking about. I have big hands, like the Relay rim better.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 04-28-2017, 12:24 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,714
Niced 611 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Which part? I guess what I'm saying is, the Relay does for me awesomely what I want the Theory to do, which it only does mediocre-ly. The relay is faster, but to me a bit more (and more reliably) US, even given that. It's just a better disc. For me.

The Relay also does it at the D I want the Theory too, and farther.

Shorter distances where presumably I'd "need" the Theory instead of the Relay, the Theory is no better, because it's basically a Proxy at those distances, and I like the Proxy better.

And the rim difference is what I was talking about. I have big hands, like the Relay rim better.
If I carried both, there would be zero overlap. If I threw a Relay the distances I throw a Theory, it would be overstable. If I attempted to get my theory out to distances I'd use a relay, it would be a roller.

My Theory is nothing at all like my Proxy.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 04-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,540
Niced 46 Times in 38 Posts
Default

I've had 3 Theorys now. None of them are (or have been) as US as the one you seem to have. Not even close.

So that's probably where we're not seeing eye to eye on this.
Reply With Quote
 

  #330  
Old 04-28-2017, 01:02 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,714
Niced 611 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I've had 3 Theorys now. None of them are (or have been) as US as the one you seem to have. Not even close.

So that's probably where we're not seeing eye to eye on this.
I agree. Maybe pick one and throw the heck out of it in the trees. It will get there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rare proton LE Axiom theory pair Aim For The Chains The Marketplace 6 02-22-2017 11:22 PM
Watermelon Theory, Axiom @iDiscGolf The Marketplace 3 08-27-2016 04:53 PM
150g Flick (marked 2.5) and 167g Axiom Theory dw00 The Marketplace 0 08-12-2016 11:43 AM
Wanted AXIOM DISCS AND MVP/AXIOM MINIS! DiscgolfDoug The Marketplace 2 03-06-2015 01:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.