Old 11-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
How do you "reach your arm directly forward from your chest"?
You have to twist and coil your body to get the full reach back. when you reach back, your arm and chest should be close to a 90 degree angle. If not, it's really hard to get into the power pocket. A straight arm at 90 degrees is the reach part. The back part is the hip twist. This turns the plant foot half of your butt, your back and your shoulders away from the target. This coils your body and sets up an explosive athletic motion. It feels awkward cause your moving foward to your target on your throwing line but at the same time twisting your body away. Feels counter intuitive for sure.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 22 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPutter View Post
I almost had an Apophony when I saw him in those skates and Church of Disc thong.
Quiet you.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:26 PM

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

I was just chilling in the hot tub and it hit me... I need the left side of my body to resemble a reversed letter R and the right side of my body the letter W, simultaneously in sync, when putting and driving only. I'll upload a vid when I'm done soakin...
Old 11-22-2017, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 120
Niced 137 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPutter View Post
I almost had an Apophony when I saw him in those skates and Church of Disc thong.
That's an Apothany. It's definitely a different feeling...

Old 11-22-2017, 11:38 PM

Courses Played: 5
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerth_vader View Post
You have to twist and coil your body to get the full reach back. when you reach back, your arm and chest should be close to a 90 degree angle. If not, it's really hard to get into the power pocket. A straight arm at 90 degrees is the reach part. The back part is the hip twist. This turns the plant foot half of your butt, your back and your shoulders away from the target. This coils your body and sets up an explosive athletic motion. It feels awkward cause your moving foward to your target on your throwing line but at the same time twisting your body away. Feels counter intuitive for sure.
thank you, i had assumed this thread was just going to spiral into trolls arguing i couldnt have said it better. i started working on reach back drills since this hit me. it was like a free 25ft on distance. now to work on timing and bracing my front leg lol