Old 11-12-2017, 07:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 300
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 122 Times in 70 Posts

psst... any chance that we could follow the site recommendation to not use the same course names when possible? For a minute, I thought you were talking about CABIN CREEK! ...and trimming trees on someone's private course built for World's would be extremely uncool!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 12:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 73
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

You have to get permission to cut the limb. That's pretty much the only thing I can say about it.

There may be a club that has permission to do maintenance. If the course is that new I'd imagine someone would be around. If not, then whoever runs the park is who you have to go to.

We have small courses in town. One is the city's and the other a university's. We don't have permission to do anything at the city park. A few members have tried maintenance and got run off by the police. We have permission to do most whatever we want at the university course. We can't take down entire trees, but trimming limbs is perfectly fine.

So it just depends.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

In a word no, which has been said so here's an anecdote..

When there's a work bee at our course people show up to get rid of specific stuff like that sometimes a vote is taken... my personal course is maybe the only one where you are allowed to clear as much stuff as you want before your shot, it's a throwback to when we created the course 8 years ago and it was ROUGH. A guy came up last Sunday with a saw and did a few nice touch ups but I would have been choked if he went wild!

Ironically the first ace on my course was hit just after a work party when they opened up a gap by removing one bushy limb.

Come tourney time I get a lot of free labour done, it's great... a lot of twiggy branch bashing mostly.

Last edited by Throwasurge; 11-13-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson

What about not playing the double mando

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 11:46 AM
Throws only Pink Discs

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 82
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Now, Im an outlaw, not by choice but an outlaw none the less and all this talk about asking someone else for permission to cut a branch seems ridiculous to me. My contention is that nobody can own the earth or have authority over other human beings. What makes some park idiot better at making decisions about anything than me? All Im saying is don't let the man keep you down.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 126
Niced 45 Times in 27 Posts

Looked up the courses around Lamar, AR. If it is Cabin Creek, that looks like a city park to me... baseball field and all. Definitely get permission. They would likely welcome your help and appreciate your participation in what looks like a really nice park. Not getting permission might prompt an unwanted investigation by some bored public officials. The risk/reward here says contact the city.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:07 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Find out who's in charge of/owns/maintains the property, if you can't get something done ask for permission to volunteer your time to help maintain the course and get people on board to help you(usually you can find enough people ) over time you'll see that your help makes a big difference. If you can't find enough people on your own maybe see if you could get a local club/league to help assume the responsibility with you. (Clubs shouldn't to want to do this because it gives them purpose and helps legitimize the course also, which also gains recognition for the club and can tend to up membership). I usually use the leave it better than I found it theory when I'm on the course, picking up litter and such, when it comes to trimming trees altering fairways and things of this nature its best to go to the top and see what can be done.