Disc Golf Center
Old 11-20-2017, 11:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 43.6
Courses Played: 293
Niced 482 Times in 270 Posts
Default 1000 Different Holes in 3 Days

I found a string of 78 courses that have 1002 holes and are a total of just 378 miles apart. In other words, the average distance from one course to the next is under 5 miles.

At the pace Mike Sale and Dan Schnabel played 417 holes in just one day of civil twilight, 1000 over the course of three days of daylight could be possible.

This concentration of courses extends from the St. Cloud, MN area down through the MPLS/St. Paul area and a little bit over into Wisconsin.

Mississippi River Park, Northside Park, Mayhew Creek Park, Riverside Park, Calvary Hill Park, River's Edge Park, Hidden Lake DGC, Clearwater/Pleasant Lake, Sportsmans Hill, Clearview Elementary School, Becker City Park, Par-West, River Oak Park, Hudson Woods DGC, Zimmerman City Park, Lions Park III, Twin Lakes Park, Oak Grove DGC, VisionQuest, Blue Ribbon Pines DGC, Ham Lake DGC, Lochness Park DGC, Silverview, Bethel University DGC, Lakewood Hills, Acorn DGC, Hansen Park, Fridley Middle School DGC, Fridley High School, Central Park, Eagle's Edge DGC, Hennepin Tech Brooklyn Park, Orchard Trail Park, Coon Rapids DGC, Abundant Life Church, Bunker Hills, Galloway Park, Elm Creek Park Reserve, Plymouth Creek, Zachary Playfield, Sunnyside Park, Bassett Creek Park, Wirth Par 3, Blake Middle School, Bryant Lake Park, Rosland Park, Fort Snelling, Wabun Picnic Area (Minnehaha Park), Highland Park, Garlough Park, Kaposia Park, Oakwood Park, The Valley DGC, IHCC DGC, Northview Park, Red Oak Park, Moir Park, Hyland Hills Ski Area, Hennepin Technical College, Staring Lake Park, Bandimere Park DGC, Chaska Middle School, Lions Park I, Prior Lake High School, New Market DGC, Kenwood Trails DGC, Alimagnet Lake Park DGC, Brockway Park, Empire DGC, Hastings Middle School, C.P. Adams Park, Prescott High School DGC, Afton Alps, River Falls DGC, Teens for Christ DGC, Brekke Park, Arcola Heights Park, Somerset DGC
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 63 Times in 42 Posts

The most I've done in 1 day was 117. I was feeling it for days, can't imagine doing that 10 more times.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 640 Times in 385 Posts

Hmmm... 1000 holes in 3 days... I know there is a Wilt "The Stilt" joke in there somewhere...

Niced: (3)
Old 11-21-2017, 01:37 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 346
Niced 208 Times in 82 Posts

And I thought I was ambitious trying to do 300 in one day.

Personal record is 223.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 52
Niced 640 Times in 385 Posts

The most I've ever played in a day was roughly 7 rounds(126 holes ish. Been a couple years and don't remember exactly how many I played) at Winton Woods at an ace attack event. fairly short course but after throwing 3 tee shots on every hole, I was pretty dead armed by the end of it...

...and I didn't hit one ace. Chained out a couple times and hit cage several times.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 325 Times in 197 Posts

Weren't they pretty much dead after setting the one day record? How could they keep pace for three days?
Old 11-21-2017, 01:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 104 Times in 65 Posts

We did 237 in 19 hours. 1000 sounds pretty ambitious How much time would you spare for sleep each day? Cant really go without, or it will be agony. Got to have fun doing it.

Even with 600+ courses in Finland, they are not necessarily right next to each other. And you have to avoid the busy courses at rush hour too.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 113
Niced 69 Times in 44 Posts

Did Mike and Dan play 417 DIFFERENT holes in one day, or just 417 holes at the same course over and over?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 113
Niced 69 Times in 44 Posts

After doing the math, I just don't see how this would work. If you do this during the season with the longest daylight in the Minneapolis area, you've got 15.5 hours. So, there's 334 holes a day. That works out to be 21.5 holes an hour. If you do all 18 holes courses and one 9 hole, that works out to be 19 courses. Even if your average travel time is only 10 minutes (including parking and getting to and from the car), that's a little over 3 hours of travel time for the whole day. That brings your total playtime down to 12.5 hours. So your actual holes per hour would have to be around 26.7! Now I don't imagine you'll be running the entire three days either. To me this just doesn't seem plausible.

Doing your hole count on the same course, maybe. Especially if it's a short course. But travelling to so many different courses means many of them wouldn't be short. Doing this in the summer with daylight and good weather would also mean crowds. I mean, good luck on trying, but I don't know.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 332 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
Doing your hole count on the same course, maybe. Especially if it's a short course. But travelling to so many different courses means many of them wouldn't be short. Doing this in the summer with daylight and good weather would also mean crowds. I mean, good luck on trying, but I don't know.
To answer your question above, I am pretty sure they did 417 unique holes in one day. Thus making 1000 in 3 days seem totally feasible.