Old 05-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 116 Times in 91 Posts

That looks like the perfect stability for your max D tosses, with the ever so slight turnover and a bit of fade at the end. Is this the new Mike C distance disc of choice?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2017, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 561 Times in 345 Posts

Here's some video. Shots like these make me wish I had the energy to carry a second tripod and set it up behind the basket. That second drive with the blue Mayhem...couldn't even see it fade back from the tee perspective...

These are my go to distance driver now, with the Nitro being more of a specialty mold for long range headwind shots.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:47 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

elmexdela wears that same pink tank top and always goes MikeC on it with no shirt and throwing volts/ions but prolly would hit like 315' with a mayhem on a good day when he "blasts". this looks like a bomber. I love the octane right now though for the super speeeedz. I hear you on the nitro being beef work I just use a photon/volt on a mean hyzer etc.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Yeah even at my D the Nitros are too OS for me to want to use them as a general purpose distance driver. They're beautiful facing a headwind though.

I dunno what it is with the MVP and Axiom releases. I'll fall in love with an MVP disc (Octane, Tesla, Servo) then Axiom releases a mold that immediately replaces it (Mayhem, Wrath, Crave).

Niced: (1)
Old 05-09-2017, 11:54 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

you just like those goofy colored things!

Old 05-10-2017, 03:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

So, compare MAYHEM to OCTANE?

I am carrying 2 Octanes, 1 Neutron which is like 12/5/-1.5/2.5 and 1 Proton like 12/5/-1/3

Is the Mayhem more turn? Less Fade?
Or more HSS ?
Old 05-10-2017, 05:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
So, compare MAYHEM to OCTANE?

I am carrying 2 Octanes, 1 Neutron which is like 12/5/-1.5/2.5 and 1 Proton like 12/5/-1/3

Is the Mayhem more turn? Less Fade?
Or more HSS ?
Those numbers sound about right, my P was a bit more OS with the Octane as far as max weights go. My Metal Flake is very straight.

The Mayhem was described as a beat in Octane, and IMO for that to be true it'd have to be a Proton Octane I think the Mayhem has a bit less turn than a Neutron Octane but a little more than a Proton, but it doesn't really feel any flippier when I throw it. I'm not second guessing hyzer angles or worrying its going to turn too much, just ripping it.

I think the differences between the two are a little more nuanced than that. I think to a degree, a Mayhem VS Proton Octane is like Eagle vs TB. Obviously an Octane shows a little more turn than a Teebird but the overall flight path they take for me on a 500' shot is straighter than the Mayhem, which has more turn and similar fade. I did some field throws with 168g Eclipse Octanes during that session with the Mayhems....maybe I can do an edit comparing them back to back.

Based on the description I was expecting something a bit more understable. Though I haven't thrown them side by side with Neutron Octanes yet....managed to lose mine before I got these Mayhems.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Those numbers sound about right, my P was a bit more OS with the Octane as far as max weights go. My Metal Flake is very straight.

The Mayhem was described as a beat in Octane, and IMO for that to be true it'd have to be a Proton Octane I think the Mayhem has a bit less turn than a Neutron Octane but a little more than a Proton, but it doesn't really feel any flippier when I throw it. I'm not second guessing hyzer angles or worrying its going to turn too much, just ripping it.

I think the differences between the two are a little more nuanced than that. I think to a degree, a Mayhem VS Proton Octane is like Eagle vs TB. Obviously an Octane shows a little more turn than a Teebird but the overall flight path they take for me on a 500' shot is straighter than the Mayhem, which has more turn and similar fade. I did some field throws with 168g Eclipse Octanes during that session with the Mayhems....maybe I can do an edit comparing them back to back.

Based on the description I was expecting something a bit more understable. Though I haven't thrown them side by side with Neutron Octanes yet....managed to lose mine before I got these Mayhems.
This almost sounds like the Crave/Servo relationship, but sort of flipped, where the MVP Octane is like the Crave in the scenario, and the Mayhem is sort of like the Servo?
Old 05-12-2017, 10:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

That's awesome to hear, maybe like the Tesla-to-Wrath relationship. I was out field testing yesterday and find that My WRATHS and Teslas are almost identical .

Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM
* Ace Member *

When are the Axiom discs going to be for sale? This Mayhem is sounding really nice. I may need to get one