Old 05-01-2018, 11:17 AM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 9
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Got a couple k3 kaxes.

First round I was shocked by how beefy they are. But on top of the beef is insane glide. Didn't really like it because I was worried they wouldn't beat straight.

Second round I was shocked how fast the initial beef beats out, and how it added even more glide. After four rounds it throws like a perfectly seasoned champ teebird with 60' less distance.

I am excited to see if they will beat to flat or even flip stability. If they do get all the way over it will be the hands down best cycling mid available outside of Rocs. And with a small diameter and a little more speed than a Roc there is a solid argument to switch over.

A+ disc thus far, highly recommend.
The Kaxe is already an extremely versatile disc and cycling it in K3 just makes it THAT much more useful. I have one that is beat to SUPER flippy and I have a couple of K1 Kaxes that I'm cycling as well. My mid lineup is Glow K1 Kaxe, K1 Kaxe, K2 Z, K3 Kaxe. I don't cycle K3 exclusively though because it beats in a bit too fast for my tastes though. They are coming out with a new stiffer baseline plastic soon that I'm very excited for. Hopefully that will be what I'm looking for!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 551 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danblam View Post
I don't cycle K3 exclusively though because it beats in a bit too fast for my tastes though. They are coming out with a new stiffer baseline plastic soon that I'm very excited for.!
I am very surprised how fast the k3 beats in. The cool thing is that the stability is gone, but the disc itself is still intact without any warps or scratches. It is almost weird how it lost stability without any real visible changes.

+1 for a stiffer baseline.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

I've played 4 rounds on wooded courses with my K3 and so far it hasn't changed at all. Got some scuffs but the flight is the same, starts fading 2 feet from my hand. This might be the most overstable disc I have thrown (yes, that includes firebirds and destroyers), but from what others say it seems my one might be abnormal. It feels fantastic in the hand, too bad it's almost unusable. I'll test the K1 abd K1 Glow 17 soon and see how they are, from what i remember from fieldwork they flew straighter but still had a good fade.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 471 Times in 316 Posts

Just ordered a 164g K3 Kaxe. Not really looking to replace any mid slots in my bag, but I have loved the Kaxe for years since I first tried it. Excited to see how the base beats in.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 7
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

K1 seems to be less stable compared to the K3, and possibly have some more glide and a slight hint of turn.

Been playing wooded courses with 2 K3 for the whole summer and so far they have not changed much, except maybe straighten out just slightly at high speeds but the fade remains intact. The rims look like rollercoasters after all the tree/rock hits
Old 06-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 243 Times in 141 Posts

Got one of those 162g k1 kaxe z. Its quite a bit more domey than my higher weight one. Interested to see how it flies.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 243 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Got one of those 162g k1 kaxe z. Its quite a bit more domey than my higher weight one. Interested to see how it flies.
I got the 162g kaxe z hoping it would be straighter than my max weight one and its actually just as stable. Its just more nose angle and wind sensitive.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

I was at a store and checked out Kastaplast - holy cow yeah the plastic feels incredible - Looking into a Glow Kaxe or Kaxe-Z - Curious if the Glow K-Z is still pretty stable/OS or if the Z are much straighter overall than the original Kaxe?
Old 08-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 820 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I was at a store and checked out Kastaplast - holy cow yeah the plastic feels incredible - Looking into a Glow Kaxe or Kaxe-Z - Curious if the Glow K-Z is still pretty stable/OS or if the Z are much straighter overall than the original Kaxe?

My experience is that they both have good high speed stability, with a forward penetrating fade, rather than a dumpy fade. The Kaxe has a bead on the bottom, supposedly making it a bit more overstable, but I don't see much difference between their flights. They are very reliable discs for players that like to throw midranges hard.

Niced: (1)

Old 08-22-2019, 07:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 219 Times in 126 Posts

My two K1 Kaxe were delivered today (172g & 174g). Took them to the course today and threw them on my two practice holes; first is a ~275' dead straight low ceiling shot with the basket in the open, the second is a ~280' shot that I need to put out on a slight hyzer line to get around some trees.

I was surprised that the Kaxe worked well on both holes. When I threw the straight shot it had zero turn with a slight fade that just settled in somewhere near pin high. On the second hole I just put it high with maybe a hair of hyzer and it was bullseye 90% of the time.

I tried it on a third hole. 300' and slightly downhill, where I needed to force it over and have it flex out to flat. Ended up near pin high every time but it kept flexing out early.

Overall it's a great disc and something I'm going to keep working with. I will probably drop my Stalker and my most OS buzzz and put these two in for a bit to see how they work out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk