Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
In my Eyes it goes like this:

Nitro - OS beef Destroyer
Panic - I would assume an OS Destroyer
Octane - a Star Destroyer that's seen about 3 months of use
Mayhem - a Worn Star Destroyer - some flip, not turn and burn
I'd agree with that, assuming you had a consistent stack of Destroyers

Panic is too OS to be my go to distance driver and I'm putting Octanes and Mayhems 550-600'. It and the Nitro are both beefy discs that are more for stiff headwinds, flex lines etc. IMO than general purpose max D.

Octane, Mayhem and Teleport are what I'd look at for that slot, with the Octane having the least amount of turn of those three and Teleport having the most.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 32 Times in 20 Posts

I had a bunch of tourney credit at a local disc shop, so stopped in and picked up a 172 proton octane based on your input. Wind was 10-12mph today so good to test. Threw mayhem flat and it turned quite a bit and never fought back, octane stayed almost straight and nice fade at end. Good call, I think these two discs can handle most every general shot. Great disc and complement to the mayhem!!

I also picked up a proton crave and matrix to play with. I can tell I'm going to love that crave, awesome control disc both BH and FH.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 114 Times in 89 Posts

Yeah my max weight proton Octane is dumb... flat release with 450 feet of power that sucker is going straight then fading. Makes no sense. Wondering if I should get a 167ish neutron Octane or one of these??
Old 07-30-2017, 08:47 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
Yeah my max weight proton Octane is dumb... flat release with 450 feet of power that sucker is going straight then fading. Makes no sense. Wondering if I should get a 167ish neutron Octane or one of these??
My proton/eclipse Octanes are quite overstable at first too but develop a nice turn after taking some damage. After that they keep that worn in phase for a long time

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

So, I finally broke down and got one of these guys. It’s a pink on pink Proton with a good dome and it looks like a bomber. Hoping for a big time hyzerflip machine that can cope with some wind.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:56 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

Welp if i dont sell out should make a nice distance driver! Have nearly lost all my octane/catalysts. Maybe replace both with 1 mold?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg linked_image.jpg (67.2 KB, 154 views)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Niced 820 Times in 560 Posts

I have two, and they look completely different, yet don't really fly much different. First one I bought was flat like the lesser speed molds. The second is domey like the newer high speed stuff. I need more back to back throws with them. Just haven't had the time because every round I have played lately actually meant something.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 39
Niced 32 Times in 20 Posts

Just wanted to say this is still my main workhorse driver, I have three of them that I rotate, all 169g and fly identically. This disc, for my arm speed, is close to perfection. It flies for me like a destroyer does for the big arms. Enough stability to be reliable, even in some wind, but enough turn to allow me to hit many lines. Not only that, but the distance is incredible. I also carry a Destiny, which I can get more turn and distance out of ... but the Mayhem is usually very close and much more reliable/controllable. Fantastic disc!

Old 08-31-2018, 11:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

I've been having problems with the neutrons. I grabbed 2 neutrons and a proton. I LOVE the proton. It has that beautiful slight turn out of the box but consistent fade. It's been great for hitting lines. I would not try and throw this for pure hyzers though, it has too much stretch in the middle portion of it's flight.

That being said, for some reason I can't get the neutrons to do anything consistent. They seem to have that problem of having a magical amount of turn/fade where I either hit it and it ends up hyzering or I go too hard and it flips. I don't know, they just don't gel with me the same way the proton does. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 08-31-2018, 04:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

I'm currently sorting through all of the Axiom/MVP drivers. I love my PD2s and don't think they'll move. However, finding good wraiths is a challenge and moonshine havocs are already OOP (although they haven't officially announced it). I picked up Mayhems, Excites, an orbital and an octane.

Proton Mayhems fly like my star wraiths did. The Excite seems to be a cluster (kinda like a slightly less OS westside world). The Orbital is uber flippy, like my seasoned mooshine havoc. And the Octane flies like my ken climo wraiths.

I'm debating picking up a Wave and a Catalyst to see if I like either of those better, I think the Catalyst could replace the Mayhem and the Wave the Orbital but time will tell. Still working through all of these gyro plastic. Envys were a no-go and buzzz/buzzzOS is a dandy combo. Resistor may stick as a xxx alternative.