Old 06-29-2022, 01:38 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 157 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I would support saving slots for top Ams at worlds. There should be an invite system that insures a right of first refusal.

Same goes for DGPT pro events.
There is one, World Invites based on points earned playing in sanctioned events; however, there are so many invites that it doesn't change the keyboard race. They have raised the point threshold recently but the situation didn't seem to change much.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-29-2022, 01:56 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6,750 Times in 2,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
The cart is squarely ahead of the horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
With all due respect, having non-members participate in governing a membership organization would be a cart-leading-the-horse arrangement.
He's beating that horse. I think it's dead, though.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-29-2022, 01:59 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
There are two things I want to see changed, now that tens of thousands of people join the PDGA every (few?) months and pour cash into the organization like never before.

(1) Signing up for tournaments should go by rating first. How much would it cost to pay a computer programmer to make this happen? I have no idea, but it seems likely that all those membership dues coming in should be able to cover this. I plead ignorance on the cost of such a thing so forgive me if I'm way off here. But something needs to be done.

When I signed my then 12-year-old for MJ-15 worlds, I was shocked, flabbergasted by the damned thing filling up in about 90 seconds and several big names (such as Uriyah Kelley) not getting in. It's awful, and from what I understand, this has been going on for some time and the prevailing attitude seems to be, "Oh well."

Seriously. Start with everybody over 900 getting first dibs in MJ-15. (And whatever is deemed a good cutoff for a specific division). Any spots left go to those who aren't there yet and plan to attend the event for the experience (like my kid who will be one of the youngest in MJ-15 and is playing like 890 golf right now, obviously not going to contend for the championship but is a great kid player and deserves to be there if spots are open).

Now nobody can say, "This really isn't a world championship." There were a few 1000+ rated kids in MJ-18 who didn't get in because they were in the second minute instead of the first minute. I can't really argue with that line of thinking. They should call it "The Very Large Juniors Gathering" this year instead of "world championship" if some of your best players aren't there because their parents weren't lightning quick enough on the computer.

(2) Also as mentioned elsewhere, especially by Biscoe if memory serves, is that all player statistics should be visible to everybody, right now, no excuses. I've always thought it was a crock I couldn't look up all of Al Schack's results in one easy list from the 1990's because he's not current anymore. It's so dumb.
That's a good idea to send to Competition Director & the Board. We know that they seldom visit this site & rarer still do they interact.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 194
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 187 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblee View Post
That's a good idea to send to Competition Director & the Board. We know that they seldom visit this site & rarer still do they interact.
They visit. They just don’t admit it.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
Birdie Member

Voting start today. Anyone willing to suggest who would make a good board member and why?