Old 09-14-2019, 08:14 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can throw my comet about 170' now, I think. That is my max D.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2019, 09:23 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
I started playing again at the beginning of this summer and got out about 5 times. I had stopped playing for a number of years to play soccer. Both my soccer "career" and ACL ended in July. I am now attempting a return to disc golf. It will be slow going and this forum has been a life saver on my long days of recovery. I'm hoping to return to competitive play in the spring. I took a bunch of pictures of my discs and posted them in my page here.

It is fun seeing how the discs, players and game have changed over the years of my absence.

Thank you all for the distraction!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
I can throw my comet about 170' now, I think. That is my max D.
I started playing disc golf in 6th grade (I'll be 30 in a couple of weeks) and tore my hip flexor my junior year of high school - I was ambitious about my scholarship I already had (that was revoked) and playing in the future. If I wasn't chasing tail or playing soccer I was discing. It was tough man, but continuing to disc golf was one of the best things for me physically and mentally after all of that rehab/learning to walk again/time off. Hell I was even a sweeper on two regionally ranked 3-4-1-2 teams

Glad to hear your positivity! Keep throwing. Maybe even pick up an adult league [soccer] eventually...don't beat yourself up for not throwing far. How long until your ACL is "fully healed" do you know?
Old 09-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

GE! Thanks for responding. I owe you some context. I'm 46. I played soccer in high school as a center mid that refused to play defense or head the ball. I played men's league and intramurals in college and stopped playing when I was 28 (mostly forward.) At 40 I started playing after 12 years off and suspended my disc golf "career" to keep peace with the lady. I was reasonably successful adult league player as the worlds slowest, defensively responsible, winger. Being able to cross with both feet seems to be a rare skill. Who knew?

This summer I started throwing a little and went to a couple weeklies. I was told I should be able to run in about a year and play soccer in 18 months to be safe. I don't know if I'm going to go back though.

I have always really enjoyed disc golf and since there is no running, I might be able to play much sooner at a competitive level. I need the competition. I've played sports at some level my entire life and not playing something is killing my soul.

I love that you included the formation of your teams! My men's team plays a 352. We have tried other setups, but no matter where we stand at the beginning of the game and what we say we are going to play, it winds up the same after 12 minutes.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Years Playing: 0.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, DGCR! I have a question about the forum. What are the credentials /prerequisite for sending PM's? Do I need to have a certain amount of posts or what? I cant seem to send PM's.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:41 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 133
Niced 728 Times in 385 Posts

You should be able to send PM's. There is a limit to how many you can send quickly at once, but other than that there is no restriction.