Old 05-31-2019, 03:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 567 Times in 347 Posts

In case you haven't seen it, I took some Axis' in different stages of wear and threw them BH & FH off the tee in this video:

Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 05-31-2019, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 798 Times in 556 Posts

I still haven't seen it but I know what I'm watching when I get home..
Old 06-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 539 Times in 291 Posts

My favorite axis shot was at the circuit event where I first threw it. 330' shot temp basket with some trees in the fairway with low branches. Really low ceiling, and not much line to the basket. Every one tried to scream a low liner with a driver. I laid down a sweet backhand roller and almost parked the hole with the axis. Was pretty sweet!
Old 07-22-2019, 09:43 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Bomber mid! Learn it and love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I vowed I wouldn't be buying or trying ANY discs for some time - I went on a rampage this past year and ordered way too many discs - well, I went through the stash and determined, yep, I have more than enough. backups of backups....etc....im set. BUT....dangit I want to try an Axis haha. It seems very Buzzz-like. I use an Alias and a Matrix right now. I'd assume this wouldn't be something to add to that but rather something to replace one of those?

Anyone have a great Axis story? Other than being destroyed by the Allies. ---Axiom needs a mid called the Ally
This is one of the best mids ever made especially in Eclipse Proton plastic for durability and the white rim makes it easier to find. It holds lines very well and with proper form can glide a long way. Just learn to work the release angles and you can make some pinpoint shots. Relatively neutral stability discs are some of the best teaching tools and the Axis is useful at any power level. As long as it isn't windy this is one of those rare discs that can handle many different lines and works pretty well as a driving mid due to it's speed and glide but needs to be thrown cleanly. The more time you spend with it the more it will reward you. I haven't played in several years and will be adding an Axis again because it is so versatile for wooded courses and open ones too. I like Anodes for the same reasons. As long as it is comfortable in the hand go for it!

Niced: (1)

Old 07-22-2019, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 98 Times in 56 Posts

My relationship with the Axis is so complicated. I've thrown some beautiful shots when I've gotten it just right, but I've also had many shots that just drop out of the air.
It's so strange because I threw the Buzz for so long and the Axis is a very similar shape. Something about the thickness of the wing and the angle of the shoulder gives my grip fits resulting in inconsistent releases. It sucks because I really want to love this disc and I have experienced many of the wonderful things it does, but it fails in my hands too often.

Luckily I have no such issues with the Vector. Ironically the Vector is boring in comparison, trading tight S curves and glidey hyzers for the frozen ropes of the Axis. I just get more consistent snap and spin on the Vector. I've come to appreciate it's more forgiving nature along the way.