Old 11-15-2021, 11:39 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 2,349 Times in 1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
I don't believe it is fully YouTube's doing. I see lots of new videos without ad interruptions and I don't have a blocker. I really think it is the YouTuber themselves to blame. I think YouTube gives the option to have or not have ads on your video....if you have ads, you get paid a bit for each ad during your video. I've even seen videos where the ads were placed during clear pausing points in videos.....for example, a disc golf tutorial talks about what is going to happen, an ad happens, then the video shows what they described.

So, because I've seen videos without ads and ones where the ads are placed properly for the flow of the video...I really don't think YouTube is to blame. It just shows me that more video posters are wanting to monetize their videos. Maybe YouTube does add advertisements...but it would be strange they do it for some and not all.
I can shed a little light on this; you can opt to monetize your channel or not. So if you are trying to make any money on your channel you have to have adds on.

To get there you have to have a certain number of subs/views. There are other things you also unlock by getting more subs and views(live streams/mobile streams/advanced analytics).

On my channel I have around 200 subs and around 100k total views, so I only have desktop livestreams and some analytics. I can’t monetize through YouTube at this point.

I think the minimum is 1000 subs, but it could be higher than that since I haven’t checked in ages. Gave up on the idea of ever making money off my content a while ago.

So if you see an add on a smaller channel, it’s completely YouTube driven. If it’s on a channel where media is the persons career, they most likely have it turned on.

I also have heard you can opt to have certain videos that are add free or add minimal but can’t verify that.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2021, 11:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,447 Times in 639 Posts

I put up car stuff for myself. I put things as public, so I can get critiques and so people looking for examples of what they can expect to run at certain venues can search, but I don't promote at all. I think I have 4 subscribers. My longest video has an ad.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 43.5
Courses Played: 158
Niced 169 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post

So, because I've seen videos without ads and ones where the ads are placed properly for the flow of the video...I really don't think YouTube is to blame. It just shows me that more video posters are wanting to monetize their videos. Maybe YouTube does add advertisements...but it would be strange they do it for some and not all.
Many of my videos over at Gettybfree have ads attached. I've never agreed to that. I think I have 400ish subs and 1.8 million views.

Shameless plug: if you've never been to my channel (Gettybfree) there's all kinds of crusty frisbee stuff including DG to watch. That rabbit hole can run real deep.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 702 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post

I also have heard you can opt to have certain videos that are add free or add minimal but can’t verify that.
I can confirm this. One of my favorite channels is an ASMR channel that talks about all kinds of things. He clearly stated that he has turned off ads as it can be very jarring if you are going to sleep listening to him and have turned up the volume to hear him. He only gets revenue from Patreon and such. Now there are ads before the video starts, but those I would guess are Youtubes doing.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 64
Niced 494 Times in 273 Posts

All with all things corporate, if you aren't buying, you're being sold.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-15-2021, 05:02 PM

Years Playing: 1.5
Niced 43 Times in 20 Posts

Lately I've noticed more really quick ads. Hardly time to grab the remote and the ad is over. Seems like the perfect way to advertise. Not annoying, so they get to put the name of the product out there without bad vibes, and if their product is something I would want I might be inclined to try their brand just because they support the show.

Old 11-18-2021, 05:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 10
Niced 373 Times in 163 Posts

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...biglidom?hl=de

i have not seen a single ad in like a decade.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 282 Times in 143 Posts

I pay for You tube premium. Not many things in life is free, and as much time as I spend on You tube I feel it's money well spent.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 128
Niced 27 Times in 14 Posts

You can always skip to the last 10 seconds or so of the video, let it play out. Then press the replay button in the middle of the screen. Now there won't be any ads for your video.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:10 PM

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 8
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

The Channel decides how many ads they want YouTube to run.
Get mad at the channel for having so many ads not you tube.