Old 11-24-2021, 06:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 288 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedmullet View Post
Lunatic League - I've heard of those. Nah, more power to them - beauty is in the eye of the disc holder, plus maybe that's just the course they've got and gotta make do. I don't know the area.
Its the only 18 hole course in the immediate area. Keeping travel time down in the winter is always a good idea. The playground probably gets no useage in the snow. And then you're all bundled up so the discs don't hurt as bad...
Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2021, 02:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 637
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,139 Times in 1,390 Posts

http://dgcour.se/9514

This ones a top contender. Dave will agree with me on this one. I even waited out a thunderstorm in the parking lot for almost a half an hour to play it.

Luckily, since it just rained, there were no fatalities when we visited this gem.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by wolfhaley; 11-25-2021 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:19 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 285
Niced 357 Times in 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post

This ones a top contender. Dave will agree with me on this one. I even waited out a thunderstorm in the parking lot for almost a half an hour to play it.

Luckily, since it just rained, there were no fatalities when we visited this gem.

I can't tell how dangerous this one is from the course map, but it looks like an "Excuse Me" course. Several times you have to walk around, or through, another hole to get to the next tee.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2021, 10:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 3,188 Times in 1,294 Posts

Quote:

Hahaha yes I do. I have to admit the 13/14 combo has to be the worst designed pair of holes I have ever seen anywhere. Just absolutely astounding that ANYONE would think this is a good idea - even people who have never played disc golf before. And what's truly frustrating about that course is you could put in a decent course there especially with the water and elevation there but this is the garbage they went with. smh...

Old 11-25-2021, 11:10 AM

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 91
Niced 64 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:

I drove by this one a couple times, haven't subjected myself to it yet.

If we are picking on West MI courses for safety issues though, here's another entry. Luckily, it's about 1/3 pulled so I doubt it gets much play anymore.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6534

Last edited by DFrah; 11-25-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:50 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 365
Niced 7,831 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrah View Post

If we are picking on West MI courses for safety issues though, here's another entry. Luckily, it's about 1/3 pulled so I doubt it gets much play anymore.

Lulz. My daughter went to Grand Valley, and I've passed that course several times while moving her in/out, visiting. Thought about playing it but it looked like a joke/disaster/accident waiting to happen, and always ended opting for another course.

I feel confident I'm not gonna regret driving right past that course a half a dozen times or so.

Old 11-25-2021, 12:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 93
Niced 889 Times in 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrah View Post

That's nuts! I wouldn't say there is a high risk of hitting a person, but hitting a building...WOW!

Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Yeah, absolutely no reason to play that one unless you are a student without a car. And probably not even then anymore now that a bunch of it is missing. I went to Grand Valley myself and enjoyed several (in hindsight, very unsafe) rounds there then. It's near impossible to play a full round there without hitting at least one building. At the talent level I was at then, parked cars were very much in play too. As for people, generally the throws aren't blind at least but in nicer weather residents were often grilling, lounging in lawn chairs or on blankets, etc. I'm pretty sure on at least one occasion some woman walked out her back door just as I threw. Just a silly course.

Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM

There are likely more people that have a negative impression of disc golf because of that course, than there are people who really enjoy it.

Niced: (3)