Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments & Leagues

Old 06-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,050 Times in 536 Posts

There are a lot of pros out there and a lot of different personalities. Some of them are bound to hate each other. And just because you don't outwardly show your dislike of someone, doesn't mean you can't stand them.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 130
Niced 86 Times in 37 Posts

Did I miss the discussion about the end of tournament strategies from the MPO?

Eagle changes his approach on at least 2 drives in the final nine -- darn I don't know the basket #'s but he goes "Nate Sexton" and throws a side-arm safe-shot the results in a 2 putt bogey while Seppo saves his miracle par. (Anyone else wanted the slo-mo to continue during the between basket scoring update to include him bursting from the bushes -- ?)

Then 18 he goes Max instead of a mid that lands him forty-ish and he LAYS-UP?? Ok - hard to argue it since it worked but can that putt and it's over.

Seppo on 18 had to know he wasn't finishing third -- right? No way you can excuse being that low/short at that moment. It's moot unless it's in and no low/short putts ever go in. Horrible putt at that moment. Of course KJUSA is going to comment that it was a good run, I would have too if that was my best friend that just gacked -- but it was a gack. Please don't read this paragraph and think I have anything against Seppo, seems like a great guy and obviously a great player that will win many big events.

Eagle's dad -- I understand how close they are and everything that the man does/has-done for Eagle and in real-life dad is beyond reproach -- here on the message boards I get to say that he needs to show confidence and not look like the sky is falling (even if it was) at the end of that round. Gotta keep that to yourself until you're out of the moment and can exhale. Again -- disclaimer, have nothing against any of the competitors or their parents -- either Eagle or Seppo win same-same to me.

If I missed these discussions sorry -- got annoyed with all the usual Paige/Cat drama and skipped to the end of the thread. Our big-tourney courses exclude so many male golfers due to their length and almost every female except these two we may as well learn to love the tension, but it would be nice if we could include a dozen or so more . . . . just saying.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 735 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
What is the issue with Keegan?

I believe that BrotherDave is being facetious.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,182 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
What is the issue with Keegan?
He knows what he did.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 672 Times in 473 Posts

Nothing wrong with hating someone you haven't met, don't even mention Brian Adams...
Old 06-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 582 Times in 314 Posts

Paulw, I agree. I wanted that slo-mo to run longer too. Also, how does neither of the commentators pick up on his "King of the Forest" sig disc for a pun as he is bursting from the forest? Shame.

Really good drama on the final few holes. Throwing long with your most overstable mid?? Wtf. Go back to SW Gators? Well, Seppo would have taken one stroke either way. Also, the approach after the Sexton play was pure Tough to say without being there, but is the straight to fade shot really that risky, especially if you're not going for parked?
Also whats the par 4 hole, dont have an overstable enough disc not to go long and make the corner impossible to get around for birdie? Total Eagle problems. Great to see him persevere especially after Portland. Playoff win would have been even better.

Seppo is bound to get one sooner or later.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 65 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
No way you can excuse being that low/short at that moment. It's moot unless it's in and no low/short putts ever go in. Horrible putt at that moment.
This common missing low is worse than missing high thing is in my opinion really stupid. High/long putts never go in either. If high was lower it could have went in, but just as well the low could have been higher and go in. And if you miss low you are less likely to have a long comeback putt so I would argue that low is better than high. Of course if you constantly miss low then that tells you something but so does constantly putting too high as well.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 148
Niced 547 Times in 235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Then 18 he goes Max instead of a mid that lands him forty-ish and he LAYS-UP?? Ok - hard to argue it since it worked but can that putt and it's over.

Seppo on 18 had to know he wasn't finishing third -- right? No way you can excuse being that low/short at that moment. It's moot unless it's in and no low/short putts ever go in. Horrible putt at that moment. Of course KJUSA is going to comment that it was a good run, I would have too if that was my best friend that just gacked -- but it was a gack. Please don't read this paragraph and think I have anything against Seppo, seems like a great guy and obviously a great player that will win many big events.
It may be a bit hard to tell on video, but that green slopes away from the basket at least 35 feet. I was there and it felt to me that Eagle wanted to insure his 3, not risk a roll-away for 4, and try to win in a playoff. I was planning my playoff spectating strategy myself because I fully expected Seppo to make that putt, he was only inches outside circle one. I'm sure Eagle expected him to hit that putt, too.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,891 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
BURN IN HELL, DUSTIN KEEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but how do you really feel about Dustin Keegan?

Just kidding.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 142
Niced 211 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
This common missing low is worse than missing high thing is in my opinion really stupid. High/long putts never go in either. If high was lower it could have went in, but just as well the low could have been higher and go in. And if you miss low you are less likely to have a long comeback putt so I would argue that low is better than high. Of course if you constantly miss low then that tells you something but so does constantly putting too high as well.
As the post went on I think it became clear that low was more incidental to his overall point that Seppo straight gakked that putt. And he really did. Low or high, he was mentally off his game for a moment and his timing was completely blown. Maybe he was thinking about the crowd, maybe the playoff, maybe the score... maybe he was just thinking too much about making sure his pop was just right and he lost track of simply putting it where he wanted it. But in any case - it seems paulw's point was that that was a truly blown putt, more so than any specific message about just being low.